1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Wow! I want one!

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by RandomGuest, Mar 4, 2002.

1. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Fletcher on a trip over to the UK said (while we were looking at one being repaired at Funky Junk UK) , that the compressor on the EMI console was perhaps of his favorite ever.. That got my attention!

Chandler seems to be making copies, and damn! dont they look cool!

:)

2. I agree they are making cool looking components. No prices given though. I'm headed down to Westlake Audio later this week, they are a Waves vendor, I'll see if they more info or have them in stock.

"squish' sounding could be fun.

3. I've been drooling over photographs of Mike Hedges TG board for some years now... I'd really like to hear one of those TG spinoffs! :roll:

4. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

5. stedel

stedel Guest

Urk! Julian..do you have an email for these Chandler people? I just keep getting pages of code whenever I try to vist their site. Much appreciated it if you can help
    Kind regards
    Stedel

6. mwagener

mwagener Active Member

http://www.chandlerlimited.com is the right address. I get the same code pages when I try to open with Netscape, if you can, try it with Internet Explorer, it works fine.

7. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Sorry for the delayed responce & thanks Michael!

:w:

8. Fenster

Fenster Guest

I can't seem to find a price anywhere for these. I email Chandler and hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

9. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

Jules, what did he say the EMI sounded good on? Is it a versatile piece or one of those things that only sounds good at certain times like a Compex?

10. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

I dunno, I will have to ask him! Meanwhile it appears they will be distributed in the UK by Unity Audio... I hope a unit can get left behind in Europe after the Munich AES..

11. faganking

faganking Guest

I just received a Chandler Ltd. EMI TG12413 compressor. http://www.chandlerlimited.com/emitg12413.asp This is going to be a fun Sunday! I already have the Chandler 1073 & two Chandler 2254's. I love them. I have just fired up my new DMX-R100 (finally) and I'm starting a fifteen-song album song mix. I will have plenty of opportunities to experiment with the EMI. I'll let you know how the 'squishy' monster works and sounds.

Benjy

12. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Great news! It will be a groove to know if you plan to keep it, what it's good on & what other comps you have!

13. faganking

faganking Guest

I have: (3) Altec 436B's, (2) Altec 1612A limiters, (3) RNC's, Drawmer 1969, Distressor, BSS 901 Dynamic EQ/comp, (2) 2254A's, (2) Transient Designers, TLAudio C-1 2 ch. comp, 1176, 160X, (2) Symetrix 501's, CBS Volumax, Bellari LA-120.

It's too soon to tell about the EMI.
    Benjy

14. stedel

stedel Guest

Thanks Julian, I'll try it with IE tomorrow.
    kind regards
    :cool:

15. jo

jo Active Member

Home Page:
    At the Musikmesse I talked to the guy from Chandler (I think it's Mr Chandler himself - really nice guy) I was interested about the 1073. He gave me a quick overview - sounded really nice (from memory very close to the real thing).
    Then he showed me the EMI on a drum track (room mic.) It was stunning - really wonderful equipement. If I hadnt't to save money for my Protools HD upgrade, I'd buy both units imediately.

My 0.2 Euro ;)

Jo (sorry for spelling/English)

16. miketholen

miketholen Guest

I'll have an EMI stereo pre next month!
    I'll post back then. :D