1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Wurlitzer

Discussion in 'Recording' started by EGordon, May 18, 2003.

1. EGordon

EGordon Guest

I recently got a 1958 Wurlitzer model 112A for free by chance. However, two keys are missing and it is slightly out of tune. Is it worth it for me to fix it up? I expect to give it heavy use. I wondered if such thing had collector's value, and if I should try to trade it for a newer model.

2. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

Hmm...no idea, can you post some pictures?

3. EGordon

EGordon Guest

I don't have have any pictures of it as of yet. It is off-white and sort of boxy. It probably weighs around 100 pounds. There is a tube amplifier and a small speaker. It sound great except for the tuning. The action is very close to a piano with wooden/felt hammers.

4. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

I'd fix it up, especially if I wanted to use it a lot. No idea on its worth or what's involved.

This site is close, but oh so far regarding info! If only the pictures loaded. Still, there might be some info there.

5. EGordon

EGordon Guest

Thanks for that site. It's good to know that parts are available.
    Plus, unrelatedly, I found someone around who could fix it up (the tuning process seems very serious) so I'm going to go for it.