1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

XP tweeks , any advice

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Sanity Inn, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

Hey Gang

got my new DAW . yipeeeee

now the fun begins,,, gutting XP lol

I know I should diable onboard sound ( p4p 800 deLuxe)

I have no intentions of connecting to web with my DAW

can I gut email, and web browser and stuff from PC ? safe to do this?

XP ghost, does it make sense to install b4 i do sound card and software ???

i noticed this DAW is much noisier then my Piii ,,,,, looks like i'll be getting silent case

Thanks for help,,

peace

Sanity

2. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

An interesting link

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

talks about turning off services on PC

hope someone finds interesting

Sanity

3. bgavin

bgavin Guest

Many thanks. I grabbed his PDF file and added it to my growing CD of XP support information.

4. MisterBlue

MisterBlue Member

Slightly OT, but does anyone here remember (or know of) a link for audio tweaks for Win98SE? A friend of mine is still using the older OS and I seem to have lost the recipe ...

Thanks in advance,

MisterBlue.

5. EdWray

EdWray Active Member

Here's a link to Gary's tweak guide: PC Optimization document for Win98 and WinME

6. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

heres a good link tooo

http://www.musicxp.net/

Sanity :)

7. robk

robk Guest

Hey, don't know if ye have heard of or tried 98lite. It strips all the crap from win98 and now it has a big brother called xplite ! It's only at version 1 so it doesn't remove any significant stuff, mostly just superficial stuff but it does remove outlook express, internet explorer and windows messenger like you were looking for. It's good software and your entitled to free upgrades so when it does begin to remove significant amounts of useless code it will have been worth the investment ( approx $40 )... check it out at LitePC.com :)