1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Yamaha 03D with Digi 001, will it work?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Auxsam, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Auxsam

Auxsam Guest

Hello everyone,
    i have come across a Yamaha 03D in mint condition and im thinking of using it with a digi 001. What i really want to do is take advantage of the gain stages and processors on the console and track into the digi. My issue? i only see an adat card so i know i can get 8 channels of fiber optic out and into the digi but i dont see any analog outs. of course, here i am once again trying to find a solution for 16 simultaneos ins to a digi 001. i Dont know if its possible with a yamaha 03D can anybody tell me if there is a way or if it is impossible? maybe using the bus outs and aux outs? maybe its simply a bad idea? any thoughts are welcome.
    -sam

2. Dave62

Dave62 Guest

Check out a used Alesis AI3 optical patchbay which has 8 balanced ins and outs to an 001 or 002 via light pipe at +4 or -10 levels. Mine has worked excellent for the last 3 years and they can be had for $3-400 US used. You will still need some kind of pres like the direct outs of a Mackie 1604 or similiar. If you just need "ins" check out a Presonus Digimax LT or the Focusrite Octopre. I am not familiar with the 03D. Good Luck!!