1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

yamaha dm2000 vs macie d8b mixers?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by SonicLabsAudio, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Want a new mixer anyone have experience with either of these?

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Yamaha has a long history of making professional audio products such as digital mixers. Mackie - well, let's just say they have good intentions and good ideas but it takes more than that to make a reliable pro product. Use google and search for each and you will likely find more that you ever hoe for as far as opinions.

3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I don't know about you Gaff...but I NEVER Hoe for opinions...I've slutted for opinions but never hoed.

BTW - I second AG's thoughts.

However...the Onyx line is inspiring. If only they'd come up with a nice, automated digital console based on the Onyx line.

4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Doh! I guess I should proofread before I post. But like most engineers and musicians that need to survive, I will slut and hoe if I need too...

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

If you had asked about the Yamaha 02RV2 and the Mackie d8B, I would say the d8b has few more tools like autotune, better EQ options and so.

I used the Yamaha 02R v2 for 8 years and now I´ve got the 02R96V2 and the 01V96.

Pretty good boxes, in terms of sound the new models are a giant leap from their previous generations which were the 01V, 02D and the 02R/02R V2.

The DM2000 is an even fancier mixer, with more channels, buses and the mic pres are said to be a bit cleaner.

If you have a tight budget, go with the 01V96. It is an unbeatable box.

If you have cash, decide between the DM2000 and the 02R96V2.

6. yeah i have abour 4 grand orso to spend on a new console but i want to make sure its the last 1 i buy for a very long time. Im about 80 percent set on the dm2000 just want to look at my options and get opinions on anyone who has used it.

7. Alécio Costa - Brazil

I stayed 8 years with my 02Rv2 and 01V. Pretty satisfied, no downtime at all.

I plan to stay at least 5 years with the new models I´ve got here.
    Btw... how many dollars for a dm2000 ?

Do not forget to pick a few (digital) cards like the MY16AT, MY8AT, REV-X.

8. the one im looking at is about 4 g's an comes with a waves effects card and the apoge i/o card.

9. Alécio Costa - Brazil

a DM2000 for only US$4000?
    Where s this ?Ebay? Canada?