1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Yamaha MM6

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Comtose71690, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Comtose71690

Comtose71690 Guest

Does anyone have any links to videos on how to record with the MM6 from Yamaha? I purchased this synthesizer a few weeks ago and it's more confusing than i thought, fisrt keyboard I've ever used but the recording isn't as simple as just pressing record getting the beat going and playing some notes.. I can't even record with certain keys, does anyone have any tutorial videos with the Yamaha MM6 or anything that would help me out?
  2. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Does this help?
  3. Comtose71690

Comtose71690 Guest

well I just registered my product and signed up for that DVD, it says the offer ended last month but that was when I bought it so hopefully I still get it, Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll get the DVD and learn from it lol
  4. shurkin18

shurkin18 Guest

To record on MM6,
    - press on the User button,
    - select the song to which you want to record.
    - press REC (record) button
    - while holding Track select/Mute, press on the track number you wish to record to (The number buttons under Performance Memory)
    - either start playing (it will start recording immediately) or press the Start/Stop button to start recording

Also to mute/unmute the tracks, while not in recording mode, the same way: while holding the Track select/Mute button press on the track numbers you wish to mute/unmute.

Hope this helps!