1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Yamaha QY300 Music Sequencer

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by dennisisme, Mar 6, 2007.

1. dennisisme

dennisisme Active Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Albany, GA
    i have no idea what this piece of equipment does. Would anyone like to explain it to me? I've just been staring at it for a week trying to figure it out. A friend of mine found it in his attic and just gave it to me. Here's a picture...

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Moderator

Feb 23, 2005
    It's a MIDI tone generator and sequencer. Go on the Yamaha website and look it up regarding the features and such.
  3. Jonesey

Jonesey Active Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    I own that same model. It costs a pretty penny when I bought it. I've used it alot when playing out with the band. You can send a click to the drummer and sequence keys to play automatically it can also trigger midi patches on other devices like vocal harmonizers and samplers. The box can get quite deep. You will definately need a manual. It really is a very nice midi recorder / tone generator and sequencer.

Very nice find for being in an attic. All you need is a nice midi controller keyboard and you can record all your keyboard parts to the sequencer and it will play it back. You can also use a roland midi pickup system and record the guitar midi to it and play back keys, horns or whatever type instrument you select. It's a very cool box.
  4. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Download the manual here: