1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Yet Another Im building a Studio im a newb help me Topic

Discussion in 'Recording' started by rdt2449, May 25, 2005.

1. rdt2449

rdt2449 Guest

well Like the topic says im going to be building a studio for my band this summer, and i've ben experimenting alot right now with just recording myself playing guitar. but im on a tight budget, i have 2000$ and a Custom built computer that i know will be able to handle anything right now. but anyways im looking for good equipment that you guys recomend.

Im usuing Sonar 4 and im going to need something that has many inputs for each mic. so i need something that has enough inputs for drums mics that i can sepearate the sound easly.

second mics, im thinking of buying 2 condenser mics for the drums just over head, one for bass drum and one for the snare. I have right now a AudioTechnica MB 2k which is a Instrument mic. I also would really Appricate if someone would show me a guide on setting up mics properly and setting levels ect. for vocals drums amps ect.

Thank you Very Much for Listning to my newbish ways :)
  2. rdt2449

rdt2449 Guest

3. stickers

stickers Active Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Lowell MA
    Home Page:
    i think no one responding because your question is too broad
  4. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    1st you will need a 6 pack of really cold beer. Any brand will work. Then get back on here and do some searches. With the search function. Lastly try one question at a time.
    Good luck 8)