1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

your favorite delay

Discussion in 'Recording' started by saemskin, Mar 9, 2006.

1. saemskin

saemskin Active Member

hardware, software, I dont care. But why?
    The PSP 608 is quite nice as well as Ultradelayz, and the Kurzweil Mangler has some nice delays. I love delays, so what are the best in your opinoin?

2. kelly644

kelly644 Guest

Anything that can tempo sync and has low & high cuts I'll use. The only delay I really dont like are the ones that come with Nuendo. I dont know why...

One delay that find myself using a lot happens to be the Reason Reverb (Yes, the reverb). You can tempo sync it's reverb and adjust the reflection amount so that it's some where between a reverb & delay. It taps like a delay, but each delay can decay like reverb. Pretty cool.

3. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Any modern Eventide, any Roland Space Echo, TC 2290, PCM42, Lexicon 480L. Why? Because they all have their own tone and are unique in their tone as well as adding something of value other than just the standard delay effect.

4. saemskin

saemskin Active Member

Do you own an Eclipse?
    Arent Lexicon PCM's reverb box's, you can push a delay out of it?

Waiting patiently for UAD's Roland Space echo (y)

5. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

No, I don't own the Eclipse. Have used one several times though. It is a kick ass unit.

Lexicon PCM70, PCM80 both have specific delays and reverb presets. While the PCM90/PCM91 are reverb specific units, you can set them up for delay only.