Cubase Audio Mixdown Trouble

Hi, how do you audio mixdown from cubase without losing all of the Eq settings you've used? or is there another way to get a MP3, WAV etc. out of cubase ?
I Use Cubase SX 3 and Alesis Multimix 8usb

Thanks for any help at all !!

Comments

hueseph Mon, 01/08/2007 - 07:26
Technically it's not a support forum but why do people go there? Support. There's few places to get support. Steinberg's online faq, Steinberg's reseller phone support, online email support and cubase.net . If you can't get it from the first three, your best bet is cubase.net. At any rate, I just want to know that someone with a registerable product is asking. Not some crack head.

Cresta Mon, 01/08/2007 - 09:55
sure sure, but admins often underlines that the cubase.net board is just a discussion place and not an official support forum; of course, many good people help each others, but this is remarked as "accidental".
I am only trying to clarify this just to avoid further misunderstaing from others readers :)

Member Mon, 01/08/2007 - 11:42
ok, 262 pages to be exact, and yer, maybe it is one of the most basic functions.. but im learning ! and whats so wrong with someone who goes to school having cubase ? maybe its to do with what im intrested, maybe its what i want to do for a job later in life. why are you getting so involved? why do you care? its none of your buisness about why a secondary school kid has cubase softwaret.. and my dad brought it for me because its what im intrested in. i dont want it spoon fed, i know it involves research and learning things. but its slightly confusing sometimes. and im learning from scratch here. i want some help from people who are willing to give me help. which is what this forum is here for isnt it ?? so why dont you stop having a go at me for not knowing 'basic' things about cubase, which isnt a basic program in my opinion and critising me of having cracked software, you dont know anything !. and bedtime reading ?! yer a story might be, a novel yer, but this you have to read, and understand and then be able to put it into practice. its the people like you who put people off coming onto forums looking for help, they just get there head bitten off by some jerk who thinks he knows everything.

Thanks for the help anyway..

dementedchord Mon, 01/08/2007 - 17:13
relax...unlax... hell i dont care exlax... but chill dude... and i dont mean hueseph... his concerns are mine as well... i pay more for my legit copy and have to put up with things like repeated dongle calls because of pirates... and it pisses me off as well... and if you had asked in say june instead of jan i might have given a responce closer to his than my original... and if you think for one second i wont participate in a flame war... well ask remy or kev or for that matter hueseph.... they have removed me from more than one throat around here....

as remy once said...
"ya put the lime in the coconut an ya drink em bo...."

hueseph Fri, 01/05/2007 - 16:09
Some people seem to have the manual "excluded" from their "version" of software. At any rate what I think was meant is that all the eq and effects are in the final exported mix but the data is not there. That is, you can't import a mixed down file into cubase and then expect to start tweaking where you left off. All you will get is a single stereo audio file as it was mixed.

Member Sat, 01/06/2007 - 01:50
Thanks, and my "version" does have a manual ! i think i get what your trying to imply.

What im saying is, that i record the track, add Eq and whatever else to it. then when im ready to try and put it onto a CD or into Itunes, i audio mixdown the track. but it loses its Eq and other settings added to it and sounds completly differnt to what it did on cubase..
thanks for all the help anyway

hueseph Sat, 01/06/2007 - 11:48
What file format are you exporting to? Did you do some automation and forget to enable the read button? I'm not sure why this would happen. There aren't that many options to exporting. I would just check and make sure that all of the options you have enabled are the ones that you want. Also some saturation type plugins will sound different once mixed. I don't know about magneto per se but some of the other tape emulation plugins(specifically the free ones) don't sound good in the master section. On individual tracks their fine but they tend to muddy up the mix. Have you updated your software? Have you tried at http://cubase.net ? That's the official forum after all. You just need your serial number or usb key number to register.

dabmeister music Wed, 01/17/2007 - 04:20
If you have an external cd burner, you can accomplish this with no problems. After recording all tracks I then rebus them to the digital outs of the sound card to the digital ins of my cd recorder. The analog outs of the cd recorder take care of the monitoring. So as you tweak and adjust anything within cubase/nuendo, you're hearing it (of course) in real time and once you've got your desired settings, start burning. I guaranty you'll get an exact replica of what you heard in the initial mix.

Member Sat, 01/06/2007 - 12:58
Mp3 . oh right..sorry ive caused alot of confusiong

so for people who use cubase, add Eq and other stuff to it how do they get it to MP3 or onto CD without losing the Eq settings. because thats whats happening. i record with the Eq settings, Audio mixdown, then i listen to it and tthe Eq settings are gone....

thanks for the help ive got anyway. and i will try out that cubase forum