Welcome to recording.org

Recording.org - created for musicians by musicians

Recording.Org is a peer-driven platform for all recording enthusiast, offering inspiration, education and support.
The community and members provide the resources needed to run a successful studio by sharing relevant information on how to improve upon your current operating systems.

Whether you are home recording or running a large commercial studio, there is always information to be shared and learned.

Please feel welcome to introduce yourself, share how you found us or simply just say hello!

Comments

moonbaby Thu, 01/04/2007 - 08:25
Hmmm. My first wife was a "JAP". That post brought back lots of memories. It also explained some of the words I used to hear that I didn't understand (and her family wouldn't explain!).
So, now I know that the reason my MCI 400 series console sounded like DREK was because the DYBBUK of the SCHMUCK who previously owned it
had permeated it. This resulted in all sorts of GLITCHES in the desk, that in turn, caused my client, a MACHER of a producer, to KVETCH like a MESHUGGENER. I would then, in response to his NOODGES, SCHLEP all of my test gear out, call the MAVENS at MCI, and attempt to SCHMOOZE with the tech while he gave me the SPIEL about their new 500 series, which I figured was just more SCHLOCK, anyway. Meanwhile, my client, the NUDNIK was such a PUTZ, all I wanted to do was to POTCH the MAMZER in the SCHNOZ... :lol:

ITOLAX Fri, 11/29/2013 - 04:07
Hi I found recording.com through google after typing in a question regarding how to hear the sound of the computer through your headphones while also being able to hear yourself and the mic of course. Not word for word like that but it was simplified and that's how I got here I then made an account thinking I could ask questions as simple as yahoo.com however I am stumped to find no way of doing that? only being able to reply to threads. I found the recording category and now I am here!! I still wish to find out how to be able to hear say iTunes and the mic at the same time right now I can hear myself through the mic but when I play any sound through my computer its totally mute! Sorry to turn this into a help me situation but then again is not that what this site was created for? I have limited time and need to record asap and I cant even after spending so much can someone tell me or guide me through this please?:tongue:

DonnyThompson Tue, 01/16/2018 - 16:15
Kirk Pitts, post: 455090, member: 51105 wrote: Hello, new member, Kirk Pitts. Been trying to learn to record and mix for many years as a hobbyist. Finishing up an album and was referenced to this site by a member of the Hamer Fan Club for some potential mix critique.
Welcome to RO!! :)
If you want to post for critique, your best bet is to use the "upload a file" button,located next to the "post" button. This will open up your computer directory and let you choose which file you want to upload. RO's built in media player can handle MP3 resolutions up to 320kbps, with file sizes of around 12 meg, both mono and stereo ...and our player sounds infinitely better than services like Sound Cloud, which is known for having lossy artifacts and skewing of audio quality. Plus, it lets the listener review your audio without having to leave RO to go to another site or service to listen. The upload time is controlled (limited) by your internet provider's UL speed, so it might take a few minutes depending on the speed on your end.
Feel free to upload your mixes (or songs) for critique. Sometimes it takes a few days for people to get around to listening - as there are a lot of pros here who can be busy doing other audio work, but at some point someone will listen and critique.
Again, welcome to RO. :)
-donny

Telecaster Thu, 12/28/2017 - 18:05
Hi All,

I found my way here from Either Samplitude or Sonar forum, wher a kind soul posted a link to Donny Thompson's brilliant post "If You're not using Samplitude....".
On recommendation from Sunbreak studio and Calamaty Studio, i looked at Samplitude Music Studio 2013, but sort of got away from it.

Now Gibson (owner of Cakewalk) have decided to do no more development of Sonar Platinum, I got an offer I couldn't refuse from Magix and are now the proud owner of Samplitude Pro X3 Suite.

So look out steep learning curve ahead:confused:

Cheers Mike

DonnyThompson Fri, 12/29/2017 - 02:24
Telecaster, post: 454793, member: 51075 wrote: Sunbreak studio and Calamaty Studio
Hi Telecaster :) Welcome to RO! :)
Cass at Sunbreak and Paul at Calamity are both good acquaintances of mine, we've known each other since the old Cakewalk Forum days. I've done work with both of them and it was always a pleasure to be involved with them, as they are true pros, with loads of talent and knowledge.
Cass is a wonderful Mastering Engineer, Paul Russell is a great audio engineer who has become much more involved with video and film these days, but I know both have been using Samp/Sequoia for a long time.
Glad to have you here!
Pour yourself your favorite beverage and jump in! ;)
-d.

legatto Tue, 12/06/2011 - 23:31
no offense, but there is a slim chance that i can help anyone of you guys , beacuse i haven't been in musical school , or any kind of program that learns you how to ,,do,, this musical thing. Odds are , if i try to help i would probably mess things up. :(

tnx for hospitality , and kindness.

Telecaster Fri, 12/29/2017 - 03:27
Hi Donny long time no speak,

Yeah Paul has given me a lot of good advice over the years, in photography as well and I still have all the collaboration music that was created in TOOP, and your brilliant vocal on a Steely Dan cover that was done back then ( at least I think it was your vocal)

Nice to be here.

Cheers Mike

DonnyThompson Fri, 12/29/2017 - 05:03
Telecaster, post: 454798, member: 51075 wrote: Hi Donny long time no speak,

Nice to be here.

Cheers Mike
Oh Lord... I've forgotten all about doing that vocal track...LOL.
I'm glad you've found your way here to RO.
I think you'll find it to be a cool place to hang out, and, a fantastic resource for all things audio and production. We have some pretty serious bad asses here...members who are incredibly knowledgeable and experienced in the craft of audio recording. I urge you to do searches on past posts; there are great threads on mics, mic technique, both analog and digital recording, room acoustics, monitoring, MIDI, controllers, consoles, mic pres, workflows and methods of production...but ...don't be shy about starting your own thread and posting questions of your own, either. ;)
I'm confident you'll like it here...and while RO isn't a site dedicated solely to Samplitude (( we talk about all kinds of different DAW platforms here, and there are some very good ones other than Samp) it has become a decent resource for Samp questions and answers. I think we will probably start to see more former Sonar users migrating here in the days ahead, as Gibson pounds the last nails into the lid of the Sonar coffin and its connected users forums.
;)