Connecting the recording world together...

Reset Login Instructions

Existing forum members whom have registered on or before April 14, 2021, do not need to register again but will have to reset their password to use this new platform.

1.  https://recording.org/user/password
  2. Add existing registered username or email address and click submit
  3. Check your email for instructions:
  4. Add password and save!

Comments

Profile picture for user cyrano

cyrano Sun, 04/18/2021 - 11:32

Mac, High Sierra, Brave browser, reloaded page several times...

Still can't find it, sorry. I see "Recent comments", but that's not a link.

Profile picture for user cyrano

cyrano Sun, 04/18/2021 - 11:38

Yes, I always read fora via a link that serves me the recent unread posts. The ones I don't read get cleared by using "mark forums read" or something likewise.

Profile picture for user ronmac

ronmac Mon, 04/19/2021 - 09:00

In reply to by audiokid

I found the "Recent Content" link that takes me to a listing of posts. However, it would be nice to be able to have another link that takes you to the "New" content directly, as we had in the past.

I am liking the clean new look and appreciate all of the effort of making the site inviting and user friendly.

Cheers

Profile picture for user kmetal

kmetal Mon, 04/19/2021 - 21:05

When i go thru the password reset process, it keeps saying my old password is incorrect. I have been unable to reset my password. I used the "one time login" to make this post.

It also appears the old forum id currently unacessable.

New site is pretty different, gonna take some time to get used to it.

Profile picture for user audiokid

audiokid Mon, 04/19/2021 - 21:59

In reply to by kmetal

kmetal wrote:

It also appears the old forum id currently unacessable.

New site is pretty different, gonna take some time to get used to it.

If you were able to post this kyle, that means you did it correctly and you are logged in! Welcome aboard!

Profile picture for user audiokid

audiokid Mon, 04/19/2021 - 22:16

kmetal wrote: New site is pretty different, gonna take some time to get used to it

The forum is pretty basic but how it connects to the CMS is where it opens up to all sorts of modules. .

Profile picture for user paulears

paulears Mon, 04/19/2021 - 23:51

Just a thought, I keep getting back to the old forum by accident with old links etc. Could you change the theme of the old one to maybe pink or red so people landing there via google or old links might notice they’re still posting in the old one. I see new posts there that aren’t here?

Profile picture for user audiokid

audiokid Tue, 04/20/2021 - 00:17

In reply to by paulears

paulears wrote:

Good idea. I'm actually locked out of the old forum! I'm waiting for a coder to help with final rewrites so everything points to the new CMS. Drupal (the software of our CMS) is extremely secure and doesn't like software outside of the root running with it. So its been a hacking to get both old forum and this to run at the same time. I'm been running on 4 hours sleep a night for weeks.

Back to your suggestion... I'll likely have to turn off the old forum. I was hoping we could keep them both going to allow us all to have time to move over here but that appears to be turning into a coding nightmare.

I anticipated this to go way smoother than it has but= I couldn't even test this until it was actually live running two forums on the same server. We're kind of blazing a new trail here. I'll change the colours though, thats a great idea once I can get back in there.

Profile picture for user paulears

paulears Tue, 04/20/2021 - 00:38

I feel for you. I'm locked into one product and I cannot update it at all now as all my credentials won't work in the new version, but I need the old version to change them,  and that uninstalled when the new version updated - I know how frustrating it is. What a pain!  P

Profile picture for user kmetal

kmetal Tue, 04/20/2021 - 16:09

Apparently i missed the note at the top to ignore one of the error message. So my new PW works.

Bit of a bumner about losing the the PMs i had in the old forum, guess i should have backed them up sooner. Not a big deal.

One inital comment i have is, there seems to be alot of wasted white-space underneath people's pic/info in their posts. It would be cool if it was a header or if the dialog box sorta wrapped around it, so text could be in the otherwise empty left column. Could just be a thing on my phone.

Anyway so far so good the future looks exciting here.

Profile picture for user Boswell

Boswell Wed, 04/21/2021 - 09:55

In reply to by Tony Carpenter

Well done, Chris!

I've just about managed to get the new site working for me - I think it will be really good once it has settled down!

There seem to be several different clocks timing when threads were updated, at least as seen from this side of the Atlantic. It could be that, for example, "Recent content" is reporting update times that are US/Canada West Coast relative, since there are often no new posts at those times in the threads when you go where they point to.

Is there a way of going to the first unread post in a thread?