forums, blogs, song critique, support & more...

CMS Updates

Features being added:

• My blog (completed)
  • My studio
  • Improving the search engine (completed)
  • Improving upon and adding additional features to the members dashboard
  • Improving site wide navigation and dedicated blocks to regions
  • Implementing a Tutorial section (how to record a piano, Audio Electronics Tutorials etc) Let me know if you are interested being part of our community tutorials!
  • Adding a Group module see: https://www.drupal.org/project/group
  • Backend optimization (completed)

Tags

Comments

Profile picture for user cyrano

cyrano Mon, 05/03/2021 - 14:11

Let us now if we can help somehow.

I used to run a small site about audio, in Dutch. I'm willing to create content in English. But maybe there are other tasks... Taking out the garbage? :D

Profile picture for user Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Tue, 05/11/2021 - 09:22

i like where you're going with it. this morning it looks and works great. the only thing i miss is when clicking on a topic not going to the last post.  other than that it works great. thank you for moving RO into the future.

audiokid Tue, 05/11/2021 - 09:47

In reply to by Kurt Foster

Good to hear, thanks for sharing your thoughts, Kurt. This version of Drupal has years of development behind. Rather than having old features I knew would eventually need to be ported over to this version (MORE PROBLEMS yikes... ) I made the choice of jumping onto Drupal 9 and having to wait for developers to catch up. There are many new things coming! I'm very excited about the future.

Profile picture for user Link555

Link555 Fri, 05/14/2021 - 11:40

Its really starting to come together!

Any plans to add some form of indicator about new posts on your topics of blogs? also please add the spell checker!

One thing I really liked about the old forum was the ability to past images from your clipboard directly.  This one forces you to point to a file.

audiokid Fri, 05/14/2021 - 15:04

In reply to by Link555

Thanks!

The current post indicator adds "flags"  but they're not the most obvious format. I also have a feeling I may be removing indicators by accident while I'm sorting out page structure and all this data to organize. I'm beginning to settle down on so much changing things around.

The spell checker (with a desktop) is only active when clicking on the source button. With iphone, android etc, spell check is part of the mobile device. Being said, I suspect a spell check will be added to the editor in a future update.

Regarding images, there is a dedicated media module that I haven't enabled which stores and helps users sort media content. Great for keeping track of everything.

But the user editor has an excellent image upload already which places images in the post exactly where you want them. Once you get used to it I think you'll like it. It makes building web pages so easy. There are many options within the editor for posting videos, images, files etc. The old forum couldn't come close to what we can do here, but it's a learning curve to do it as well.

audiokid Sat, 05/15/2021 - 01:30

In reply to by Trashjive

Trashjive wrote:

Hello

This morning i received 3 e-mail messages regarding a new comment, but the links all went to your site with a >>Page not found<< header.

So what is that?

My apologies to those who received (hopefully only a few) emails today.

While updating the forum platform (to improve our mail system) I did an email test which unintentionally sent members links to test posts that had nothing in them.

It was quite the surprise seeing a few thousand emails sent out! I suspect I got the emails system working lol!

Glad you showed up though and took the time to ask but again, my apologies for the mistake.

Profile picture for user cyrano

cyrano Sat, 05/15/2021 - 02:34

As asked in the thread about video, deleted cookies. I'm still logged in. Good, that doesn't rely on a cookie.

Can't test problem #1 as you've disabled the multi-quote button.

#2 preview problem: found a "save" button. Fixed.

audiokid Tue, 06/15/2021 - 20:55

In reply to by Link555

Link555 wrote: One thing I really liked about the old forum was the ability to past images from your clipboard directly. This one forces you to point to a file.

The best thing members can do when adding content is to name their content well. This includes any file with the option to name! Adding tags and titles to images, videos is a really good thing to do!

You can still point to a file but not as many at once. This helps name your content, that will benefit everyone in the long run. The difference between this and the past multi upload is taking steps to better organize everything better. Especially if a member (all of us) wants our content to be found and organized better.

Thanks!