Start a topic JOIN NOW!

Studio Furniture Help

I am looking for a desk that is made for recording perposes (not just a computer desk) but I am not looking to spends thousands! Do you guys know of any places/manf. that have some decent stuff. I would like to be able to have my studio monitors where they need as well as my (2) 15"lcds. I do not have a mixer so desk surface space isnt all that critical but I would like to have some sort of keyboard/mouse tray. Some rack mounts would be nice also but I won't rule out having to get some separate rack table wings if need be. Thanks

Comments

Kemble Mon, 05/12/2003 - 13:08
your desk arouses me

very sweet.

I just built a new desk yesterday. Slab door on 2x4 framing. Unfinished monitor bridge.

I think I heard a joke about my desk that started with "you might be a RedNeck if....."

Great work DH!

Kemble Mon, 05/12/2003 - 18:07
Originally posted by Kurt Foster:
Now all you need is some FOAM RUBBER on the walls behind the speakers! snarf! chortle!
And then hang some batts of R30 fiberglass on the ceiling. Just staple it in place, let it hang, and every now and then run your hand over it to release some particles into the air. snarf! chortle!

Member Tue, 05/13/2003 - 05:57
Thats sweet! Time to get the power tools out! From what I have been reading on this and other forums it is probably going to be cheaper in the long run to just build a desk my self. As long as plan it out, I think I can do it. I use AutoCad and Microstation all day so on my lunch I will try to draw something up and maybe try and post a pic to let you guys critique!
thanks for the ideas!

Member Fri, 05/16/2003 - 10:48
Thanks Kevin!
You stuff looks awesome, Now I am kinda debating on putting off building one on my own until I figure out what mixing board I am going to get, because I like how they look when they are built in and I eventually plan on getting one! I might just wip up a simple one for now.

Kurt Foster Fri, 05/16/2003 - 12:57
Those long web addys really make it hard to read the
thread. But that is an awesome site! Kevin, you have
a very nice studio there! You seem to be a very handy
person, being able to build some very nice custom
studio furniture as well as sound treatments and even
your own 1272 pre amps! I am very impressed!! Good
stuff! Everyone, click on Kevins link and check it
out. Kurt

Member Mon, 05/19/2003 - 07:47
OIY!!! Kevin didn't build all that stuff in the galleries himself :D .

Actually I'm more than flattered that my console furniture piece is still the opening photo in the "Desks" gallery.

BTW Kevin, thank you heaps for hosting ALL those pics, as it is a great reference for people looking to DIY.

Chris O (aka Ausrock @ HR.com)

:cool:

Member Mon, 05/19/2003 - 09:03
Chris O says:
"OIY!!! Kevin didn't build all that stuff in the galleries himself "

Of course not! Though once a month or so, I change the name on stuff I like to "longsoughtfor" ;)

Seriously though, the home wreckers at homerecording.com deserve all of the credit.

Kevin.

Member Mon, 05/19/2003 - 14:46
I've been surprised at the number of times people have PM'd me asking if I had plans I could supply, especially since you established that gallery.

Unfortunately, apart from a couple of concept sketches, my design was not on paper and the time that it would take to accurately measure up and then draw plans just makes it impractical to do.

:cool:

Member Tue, 05/20/2003 - 04:10
I'm in the same boat as you. I did a quick sketch to get the dimensions worked out and just built it.

Maybe you should take a picture of your desk with a tape measure on top of it. Let the reader work out the dimensions. :D

Kevin.