Skip to main content

Topic Tags

I have a portable recording business and just had my insurance company tell me that they cannot insure my equipment. If I used a studio and all my stuff was to stay in there then they could write it. Since I am mobile they cannot. Anyone ever have this problem or know of companies that specialize in this part of our industry?


anonymous Mon, 01/31/2005 - 10:07


Depending if you actually are registered as a business, you should be able to get everything covered under your homeowners. Even though I own a productions company where I run live sound and have a studio full of gear, I have an additional $250,000 electronics binder attached to my homeowners. This may be a cheaper way to get coverage. If the insurance company knows it's for a business, they may try to raise thier rates.