So I had just recently bought this microphone and when I connected it I started recording some test audio. But when I played back the audio I can hear some weird noise. I don't know if its because something is interfering or if I hooked it up wrong. Can anyone help me?
I wish I could record audio as much like in this video:
link to youtube: Quando dal terzo cielo - Palestrina - YouTube
Before buy expensive microphones, I would ask detailed advice on how it can be so well recorded this acappella group.
I've had two C214 for a while, using them for home studio recording, mainly vocals and acoustic guitars/ukes.
I'm thinking of upgrading to C314 (the desirable 414 being way too expensive for my budget), mainly for their ability to switch between different polar patterns. There...
Hello Dudes and Dudets,
So. Here is the scenario..
We have an important project at hand, that requires myself and a partner to film an interview scene, where at times she will stand up and walk around, and at times so will I. 80% of the recording takes place seated, but the remaining 20% is...
I've been doing a Podcast for a while now but recently I've decided to step up my game a bit and start a daily show, but I need more serious equipment and I don't really no much about these hardwares.
I've been foolish enough to buy the Rode Podcaster, which as far as I know is a...
Audio Technica AT2020
Help with too much background noise
So i’m using my microphone for live streaming games and lets plays and youtube
I may have made a mistake in buying a Audio Technica AT2020 USB a while back ,
it picks up WAY TOO much background noise.
A tiny soft bird tweets in the...
I have just set up my new Microphone + Phantom Power unit and tried to record some audio. (Just talking.)
However, whenever i speak too loud (Loud, but at a level i want.) my PC makes this noise:*
(Windows Hardware Remove noise.)*
This causes my audio recording to...
I'd like to have some advice about how to avoid, during the field recording, the mechanical noise due to the contact of the wires of the mics hiting each other or maybe hiting the grip holding the microphones.
Can I find in commerce a special grip for the cables? How do you usually solve...
I found a Shure PE505P online. I tried to do some research on it and I am finding almost nothing. The closest to it I can find is a PE50SP. I can't even find any stats or a diagram on it or anything. All I've found is the mics around this time period are basically sm58's...
This year Shure celebrates the 50th anniversary of the world’s most popular mic, the Shure [="http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/sm/sm58-vocal-microphone"]SM58® Vocal Microphone[/]. Loyal users know that this rugged and reliable mic sounds great. But many may not know some of the...
Hello again, just though I’d post a recent update on my quest to make re-ribboning a ribbon microphone easier.
This time up, a Ribbon Tuner (Tensioner) jig. This has interchangeable carriers for different ribbon microphone trusses. So far I’ve made Carriers for Rick’s...
We asked renowned Aussie garage rock producer Owen Penglis (also plays in garage rock band Straight Arrows) to talk about his favourite mics, how he uses them and why he can't live without them - http://enmoreaudio.com/owen-penglis-favourite-mics-of-all-time/
What are your fav mics ever?
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I want to take a shot: I have a circuit with small silicon microphone that has acoustic overload at 128db, however environment where I am going to monitor sound can get louder than that so I need to reliable lower incoming sound...
this is pretty cool, I wish the clips were longer but pretty remarkable difference among rooms. Also insteresting to me was they used and RME/ISA 828 combination. This is similar to @pcrecord marcos setup I belive. Man does that big room sound and look spectacular imho!!
I'm a completely vinyl beginner and I'm trying to find on the web some answers to my question but I can't find anything that helps me to understand it completely..
So, can anyone please explain me what does "33 1/3 rpm" actuallly mean? If I'm told to give audio materials for cutting in "33...
man this thing sounds pretty freakin good! Not much processing, and a few 'standard' pro outboard peices. Shows just what good tracking technique and a good band and arrangement and room could do. I wish my mixes sounded as good as these raw tracks!!
Decided to finally utilize my Mackie board for recording, so spent the day tuning and mic'ing drums. I am sticking with a basic 4 mic setup (kick, snare, ohL,ohR), but am also close mic'ing the toms to mix them with the OH's. The OH's will be basically the room sound, natural reverb. Setup is...