A very ballsy question.....

Cucco

Well, I see the point, but in my case, I'm all about helping out where I can. I'd love a whack at it!

Of course, I'm no Mike F. or Joe L. or Don G., but hell, for me to get there, I gotta play with somebody's thingy (I mean mix...)

So, send me 3 tracks or so and I'll give er a go! Work for free? Nah - I get to experiment and Art gets whatever $*^t (or gold) that I give back to him. win-win...

J.

Michael Fossenkemper

Distinguished past mastering moderator
I just don't want it to get into a peeing contest, where the winner gets to master a record for free. Keep it cool, fair and good natured and I'll let the thread continue.

Cucco

Fair enough.

Though if it came down to a literal "pissing contest" I can't say it would be a fair competition.

With my narrow urethra and overactive kidney, I could easily get 17, maybe 18 feet!

Oops, is that too much information?? :shock:

D

Douglas Boyle

Re: BritBrian & Co.

SPQR said:
hey all,
it's my first day here and I'd like to have some material mastered when it's in the can and mixed but am only able to barter credit and to spread your gospel in return.
Style is rock/pop.
I'm still in the phase of getting everything sorted out i.e midi/buses/mic positioning (my buddy let's me borrow his drum kit,Yamaha Recording 9000 5piece paiste and sabian cymbals).
I'm the only player/engineer/producer on this project and hope to yield an effective mix. cubase sx 2 does provide the apogee uv22 and a few other goodies, but to finalize a mix is probably more your forte than mine. Besides it would be nice to have a reference partner while tracking drums.
It'll also be nice to make new friends in the field. The chap up on the second blog mentioned to get the mix down on DVD...is there a forum for mixing down on different media?
This is my first time out recording on my own,I have done a few Demo's at pro facilities in the past but give it now a try at the DIY this time around, I'm sure you can relate, lol
Anyhow thanks for any tips or offers!

my gear:
cubase sx 2
mac G4 10.3.9
Mackie 1604VLZ
1 AKG C2000B
1 AKG D12e
1 Sennheiser MD 431
1 Sennheiser MKH 70
on a NAGRA3 (borrowed)
2 Samson C02
2 Shure SM57