mix critique Album just dropped today

LarryQualm2

Chuck
Album aside, you have a great voice and write extremely well. That you own.

If you want criticism on the album I would only have issue with the production. I don't know if I'm a pro, but it seems you want to be judged the same. With this, the compression sounds kinda bad ...not of high quality - sounds more waxy than compressed. A lot sounds on the dark side in the EQ and kinda tinny-bright elsewhere. The base recording sounds very good and up-front. It's more on the decent/amature side of production, but if you have the recordings you have the core. You have all the elements to get the best results if desired. If you wanted a critique on an amateur level you've done quite well. :)

Just my .02.

Ben Davis

Album aside, you have a great voice and write extremely well. That you own.

If you want criticism on the album I would only have issue with the production. I don't know if I'm a pro, but it seems you want to be judged the same. With this, the compression sounds kinda bad ...not of high quality - sounds more waxy than compressed. A lot sounds on the dark side in the EQ and kinda tinny-bright elsewhere. The base recording sounds very good and up-front. It's more on the decent/amature side of production, but if you have the recordings you have the core. You have all the elements to get the best results if desired. If you wanted a critique on an amateur level you've done quite well. :)

Just my .02.
Love this feedback. Agree im a decent amateur for sure! I think the next step up will take longer

super appreciate you chiming in

i may send some raw track to have professionaly done. Learn from that

ben