Are my mixes ready for Mastering?? Listen

J

jazzy655

Hey guys. Hope all is well.
I've got a bit of a dilema. We're recording our second album right now, and we're in the process of mixing and also search for a mastering enginner.It's hip hop stuff. We've decided to mix the album ourselves since we are indie and our budget is really tight at this point.

The problem is i've done a couple mixes and I think they are decent, but what do I know ;)
I've learned a ton on this site and have come to trust the advice I get when i'm here, so basically i need some help know if my mixes are even good enough to go to mastering. I need to know if their are any obvious mistakes that absolutely have to be fixed it these mixes (i.e. not enough lowend, bad stereo field, eq issues).

You can hear 3 of the tracks at http://

Any help on this is greatly apprecieated, especially from the MEs on here. I'd love to have one of the cats on this site master our album next month.

Thanks

V

Vaylence

Hands Down: I'm the kind of guy who likes subtle things in music to be subtle, maybe not heard the first few passes at the song. That being said I think that the chimes sounding thing on the left side seems a smidge too forground for me. Not that they need to be burried, but pulled back a bit. Other than that it sounded really good.

Hold the Door: sounds ready to me.

Communicate: also sounds ready.

All in all I thought it sounded great, just that one nit-pickey line in Hands Down. Hell if you like it being that forground, I wouldnt put up a fight to move it if I were in the group. One question, did you record the tracks yourself, or did you record in a studio, then take the tracks and are mixing them yourself?

Anywho hope this helps

J

jazzy655

We recorded this stuff ourselves.
Hey man thanks for the reply though cause this has really been giving me a headache haha...