EQ Plug In?

V

vikki

Hi
I'm new to the recording thing so if this sounds a bit funny....don't shout at me. O.K i'm just building a good quality mic pre amp and it won't be too long before its finished, the mic pre has no eq on it so is there a good EQ plug in i could use along with my mic pre, or am i best building a parametric eq? I,m running Sonar 2.2, any ideas.
Vikki (u.k)

D

Dave Nyberg

If Sonar runs VST you could look into Waves, TC and Nomad Factory plugins. They have some tasty eq's. The Mackie UAD also has a Pultec style eq which sounds like a million bucks (the real one sounds like 2 million bucks).

Doublehelix

Originally posted by DmDreams Sound Design:
The Mackie UAD also has a Pultec style eq which sounds like a million bucks (the real one sounds like 2 million bucks).
Don't forget about the Cambridge EQ for the UAD... Sweet!!!

H

Hypothesis

Waves REQ is quite acceptable, but if you want a real price/performance deal, then get the Mackie UAD-1. You can't find anything better for the buck. CHeers :)

V

vikki

Thanks for all the suggestions and info. By the way the "Autotune" plug in, is this for pulling vocals into pitch or does it give some other effect or lilt to the sound as well?
Thanks once again
Vikki

anonymous

[="http://www.jms-audioware.com/dx_plugs.htm"]Hi Res EQ[/]

Alot of folks in the SawStudio community love this one. It's DX, also, so you can use it in Sonar. :c:

falkon2

Brock: That rings a bell... Is it the one with the nonlinear output section? If so, whats the link again?

B

BrockStapper

http://

check it out...

Not for use with everything, but nice to have in the toolbelt...

mjones4th

Originally posted by Vikki:
By the way the "Autotune" plug in, is this for pulling vocals into pitch or does it give some other effect or lilt to the sound as well?
Yes. No. Maybe. Both? I got it! All of the above.

Its used to 'correct' harmonic irregularities.

Its mis-used (read: creatively applied) to 'effect' vocals in may ways, so I hear.

Never used it myself. Us sophisticated hip-hoppers have no need for such toys. We just hawk a loogie on the condenser's diaphragm when we need some weird effect!

king mitz