iZ RADAR STUDIO

Kurt Foster

A very astute observation. And I agree. Although I suppose it could be countered that we put the same amount of time and effort, and suffered the same learning curve regarding consoles, tape machines, wiring and routing, at one time in our early years as well, in an effort to learn the craft.

Very few of us came out of the womb knowing how to align and bias a tape deck. Well, maybe Boswell did... Yeah, I'm sure Bos is one of the exceptions. ;)

i have put the same amount and effort into learning computers and i still don't know wtf i am doing with them. tape machines and consoles are primarily mechanical in nature and for me a lot of it is just common sense / logic, where with computer you have to understand coding or something, which for some reason i have trouble grasping.

mechanics and music seem to have more in common than computer geeking and music. of course then you get the Craig Anderton types who seem to get the computer side of it and who can play a bit but really don't have much soul when it comes to the music side, at least imo.

of course there were a lot of musicians who didn't get the whole tape machines and consoles approach either.

Last edited:

audiokid

Chris
You aren't alone Kurt. We're all sick a this code thing. It's a big time waster.
I have a serious love/ hate thing with computers. But, when they are working, it's a sweet deal.

audiokid

Chris
Whats funny is PreSonus " Capture " is much like Radar. Its a dedicated straight to the point tracking , works flawlessly.

Kurt, you would love Capture and a Studiolive. I wish I could afford to buy your this.
I wish this was around when I was an active performer. What treat.

audiokid

Chris
I don't know man, ...

Notice the word ( you can program """") program program, configure, bla bla and the touch screen is molasses in Jan. What happens when the DAW is under load?

How is this any different than any DAW? It traps you just like Avid does.

Buy an optimized PCAudioLabs PC with the DAW of choice installed and you are there. Custom built DAW's sell anywhere from $1200 to $2000. Its all you need.
I've had a few here for over 4 years now and they are still solid.

Buy a Full Size Vizio screen ($299) Done. You can watch TV on your breaks lol. Need touch screen, the latency would drive me nuts but that's cheep too, done.

Stellar conversion. Buy an Orion 32 (32 I/O) done.
Radar conversion is no better than all the top contenders and it most certainly won't be anything special in another few years when 64 IO are to be had for $3000 or less.

It looks like its pretty locked into Pro Tools.
I wish iZ the best, the company appears excellent, passionate and very sincere., but, this is looking like the 90's repackaged with a touch screen to me.