OMS Names Libraries - New Additions

D

doc22

Just added XV-5080 Drum & Bass, Drum, and Concert Expansion Boards. Also the Yamaha S-80. Thanks to John Caldwell.

doc22

Nate Tschetter

Although I no longer use OMS, this is a tremendous benefit to people who do. Typing in patch lists is a PITA.

Thanks for the links and please keep posting updated libraries.

D

doc22

Nate,

Thanks. Yes it is a PITA. It's also one of the "BENEFITS" of working in ProTools since it's tied to OMS.

I have a few more libraries on their way and will post them ASAP.

Dave "doc22" Nye

Nate Tschetter

Hey, I just had an idea...can these lists be copied and pasted into the OMS patch definitions? If so, I can probably patch lists in Excel format from Emu and Yamaha.

On that note, Emu posts their manuals on their website in .pdf format...perhaps you can C&P from them. Everything up to the Virtuoso was up there last time I checked.

D

doc22

Thanks Nate,

I wish it worked that easy. There's not really a C & P function except within the application from patch to patch. I can't tell you how many ways I've tried to import data. I did get an idea from a forum user to shortcut the process. I downloaded FreeMIDI. Inside the Default Names folder there is quite an extensive list of Instruments. Within each Company I noticed that the controller numbers and patch names are sometimes very close or the same. For instance, today I finished the library for the Alesis QS6. By copying the OMS QS7, I only had to change about 40% of the names. Still a lot of typing. but easier than starting from scratch.

Thanks again for the help and support.

Dave Nye - doc22