RADAR studio the "integrated audio appliance"

audiokid

Chris
Before buying such an expensive DAW like this, it would be logical, definitely interesting to hear audio comparisons of the new Radar system to something basic in comparison. I suggested this on Gearsluts the other day but my post was completely removed as deemed bickering.

kmetal

Kyle P. Gushue
Especially when people like Neil young and others point to its sound characteristics as the main purpose for using it. Poeple always use the dangerous 'analog' word when describing it.

Lmao, bickering.

audiokid

Chris
Especially when people like Neil young and others point to its sound characteristics as the main purpose for using it.

exactly.
No disrespect intended but we're here to learn and share our opinions.

Radar its good for those who don't understand how to set up a modular DAW system. Its perfect for people who think Avid converters are bad and this is better. It sounds better to those who rave about it because they are still in the dark ages with clocks and hybrid systems wired like a rats nest. When I see the studios who use this, I think old school guys that don't understand a lot more than they care to admit. And that is just fine.. I get it and respect that.

However, the shills and dealers pass this rubbish onto the naive and trusting new generation leaving out the most important part... it sounds better t those guys because they are already clocking and round tripping like bozo's.
Many of these guys also end up buying $6000 superclocks to try and be like the big boys club. Its all nonsense.

Some examples of audio about now would be a good start to convincing the trusting is all I am saying.

Anyway, I'm just poking at all this. Its fun drilling those who are selling all this hype.. I'm glad I don't have to sell things I don't know much about or make a living as a dealer. What a racket.

DonnyThompson

Workflows are individual, and are used based on personal preference, which in turn is based on what an individual wants to do, what they feel most comfortable with.

While it's not my own preference as a workflow foundation, I have absolutely no issues with a turn-key system like Radar - if someone feels that it gives them everything they need to do the best work that they can, then that's all that matters. ;)

There's no doubt that computer-based production can be daunting at times - not so much with the DAW program (although that can also be daunting at times as well), but more to do with the number of things that can happen inside the computer or the OS, and these things can bog you down from time to time, which can effect your productivity/creativity... OS problems, driver issues, software updates, RAM and CPU limitations, other programs running in the background... there are a myriad of potential issues that can slow you down that have nothing to do with the DAW platform in and of itself.

Dollar for dollar, I still think that a computer -based DAW - like Samplitude, PT, or Logic - gives the most bang for the buck, and allows the greatest amount of flexibility and expansion allowance.

But in the end, it all comes down to the individual user, and the system and workflow that they are the most comfortable with, because that comfort level and familiarity will generally afford them the most creativity and productivity.

IMHO of course.

kmetal

Kyle P. Gushue
One time, with one accidental keystroke I to.d digital performer to display nothing, and the whole screen went blank. One thing about turnkey systems like that is less archaich labeling and commands. Where still using audio dos for a lot of stuff. But one thing at a time, touch screen is getting rid of that. Now it's all about dichipering a million different little symbols, that have no explanation. Lmao, still accidentally discovering new gestures and fields with my ipad.

One area of interest on a system like this, is if there is any difference in the way busing and summing sound. Wonder if the bottles king effect is less than other daw based systems. I feel like digital mixers exhibit this far less, if at all.