Recommendations for a good listening room to audition monitors

Brother Junk

DrDSP in Quincy, MA is trying to get the Quested's for demo but that's about it for now. I'm still weeding through New England studios to see what they are using so I can beg a chance to listen.
I would definitely meet you at Dr. DSP if you go. I confess the Quested's aren't the ones I was really looking forward to hearing, but I'd love to listen to anything in that price range.

The other arrangement I think is the way you may have to go. I don't know if you post on Gearslutz at all to find some of these monitors...but you may have to ask someone for a personal favor. It may be hard to find...but if you find them, I wouldn't hesitate to ask. I don't care if it's the most unfriendly person on the board, just ask. The worst they can do is say no. And when someone owns something of this caliber, you might be surprised at their desire to show them.

If I owned them, and you asked me, my immediate answer would be "yes." I could let you hear my HS8's, Behringer Truth, and that's it lol.

If I were you, this would be my course of action; bear in mind, this is what I would do, bc I've heard some of the drivers. If you cannot find a place to audition them.....being that you said that the BF's were out of your price range, I would take a leap of faith on the ATC's. You said they were affordable vs the BF's. And, the sound of the mid is incredible. It's one of the most amazing drivers you will ever hear. It's clean, honest, extremely revealing. It's an experience, and everyone with ears I respect, walks away saying, "Could anything...possibly... be better than that?" Unless you are doing hip hop or very bass heavy music, I have a hard time believing you would be disappointed. I have never seen anyone hear that driver, and not want to marry it.

To own them...and be able to hear them every day...you may not see the sun for a while.

The only thing I could anticipate being a problem is if you don't like the low end on them. In which case, I would either think about adding a sub, and you would still be well under the BF price. That's only if you don't find the low end is strong enough. But honestly, I would extremely surprised if you didn't like them.

So, I understand not wanting to do the buy it/send it back cycle. But if you can't audition the monitors you want....being that the ATC's are in your price range, and having heard that unbelievable midrange, (it's literally the best I've ever heard) I'm pretty sure you wouldn't send them back. They are ultra revealing, they get very loud, and the tone...it's just hard to imagine anything better.

That's what I would do, if the Quested's don't do it for you. But it's very easy for me to make that call, bc I have a pretty good idea of what the ATC's will sound like. You don't have that insurance. So, whatever you do...I get it.

I wish I had the money to buy them myself, then you could audition them here lol.

My email is claythrow1@gmail.com if you want to get in touch.