Tape/Channel-strip analog style plugs for PC?

anonymous

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any VST or DX tape/channel-strip style plugs, similar to the McDSP and DuY stuff.
Thanks,
Mitchell

Ethan Winer

Mitchell,

There are lots of them, but I question the value of that approach. Mostly because a plug-in that offers everything will probably use more of the PC's resources than separate, dedicatedplug-ins

I use and love the UltraFunk plug-in pack. This is a great collection of separateplug-ins so you can use only what a track really needs which is very efficient. The best part about the UF plugs is they sound great, but equally appealing is the reasonable price ($300) and that it's not copy protected.

--Ethan

D

Doc@BeefyTreats.com

Mitchell,
I am a Pro Tools guy, but cross-platform-wise I would recommend the Wavesplug-ins They are expensive, but you could download a demo and try them out. Doc

anonymous

Thankyou, but I actually meant something more along the lines of a tape/tube saturation simulator to help add that big, warm analog type sound.

sorry for being unclear.

I have found a couple (PSP vintage warmer and RubyTube) that I'll be trying. If anyone knows of any others, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mitchell

D

Doc@BeefyTreats.com

Ah, gotcha. Please post back with your opinion on those pluggers. Doc

Doublehelix

PSP has also just released a new plug-in that resembles a vintage channel strip...looks pretty cool. I don't think it is shipping yet however. I am anxious to hear some reviews on the sound. PSP is a very impressive company, and from what I hear, are moving toward "boxed" products rather than strictly "download" products.

3dchris

Mitchell,
I think that one of the best tape saturator kind of plugins is PSP Vintage Warmer. Did you have a look at it? It really sounds great.

tnx,

chris

anonymous

Well, I've messed around with the PSP stuff and I gotta say, I like it! I had considered recording drums and guitars to an MS16 I've got and then dumping it into Samplitude, but I think these simulators will do the job nicely. No point in dealing with sync issues and tape hiss if I don't have to.

I haven't done much with RubyTube yet. Probably 'cus it wasn't as cool looking as the PSP stuff. Yea, I'm a sucker for cool graphics. It looks pretty darn easy to use though, so I'm still going to give it a listen. Plus, it's free.
:c:
Mitchell

Alécio Costa - Brazil

I am beta testing some PSP stuff. They are realy good stuff!
I will post a complete review soon as I reach the end of my never lasting album
lol

Doc, what is your PT rig?
001,Mix, hd?
Plugs?
inside the box or light piped?
to console?
hugs
ACB ( man, this baptism name comes from Kurt).

D

Dave Nyberg

Anybody checked out the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes?

They are offline at the moment but i'm sure they'll get back. I use these and i must say that they rock the house :)

Very warm and subtle sound. It's a complete set including compressors, limiter, delay, eq (pulteq style) and more

ps: this ain't an ad ;)