Wow! I want one!

anonymous

Fletcher on a trip over to the UK said (while we were looking at one being repaired at Funky Junk UK) , that the compressor on the EMI console was perhaps of his favorite ever.. That got my attention!

Chandler seems to be making copies, and damn! dont they look cool!

:)

K

Kirk Candlish

I agree they are making cool looking components. No prices given though. I'm headed down to Westlake Audio later this week, they are a Waves vendor, I'll see if they more info or have them in stock.

"squish' sounding could be fun.

G

groundcontrol

I've been drooling over photographs of Mike Hedges TG board for some years now... I'd really like to hear one of those TG spinoffs! :roll:

S

stedel

Urk! Julian..do you have an email for these Chandler people? I just keep getting pages of code whenever I try to vist their site. Much appreciated it if you can help
Kind regards
Stedel

mwagener

Originally posted by stedel:
Urk! Julian..do you have an email for these Chandler people? I just keep getting pages of code whenever I try to vist their site. Much appreciated it if you can help
Kind regards
Stedel
http://www.chandlerlimited.com is the right address. I get the same code pages when I try to open with Netscape, if you can, try it with Internet Explorer, it works fine.

F

Fenster

I can't seem to find a price anywhere for these. I email Chandler and hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

MadMoose

Jules, what did he say the EMI sounded good on? Is it a versatile piece or one of those things that only sounds good at certain times like a Compex?

anonymous

I dunno, I will have to ask him! Meanwhile it appears they will be distributed in the UK by Unity Audio... I hope a unit can get left behind in Europe after the Munich AES..

faganking

I just received a Chandler Ltd. EMI TG12413 compressor. http://www.chandlerlimited.com/emitg12413.asp This is going to be a fun Sunday! I already have the Chandler 1073 & two Chandler 2254's. I love them. I have just fired up my new DMX-R100 (finally) and I'm starting a fifteen-song album song mix. I will have plenty of opportunities to experiment with the EMI. I'll let you know how the 'squishy' monster works and sounds.

Benjy

anonymous

Great news! It will be a groove to know if you plan to keep it, what it's good on & what other comps you have!

faganking

I have: (3) Altec 436B's, (2) Altec 1612A limiters, (3) RNC's, Drawmer 1969, Distressor, BSS 901 Dynamic EQ/comp, (2) 2254A's, (2) Transient Designers, TLAudio C-1 2 ch. comp, 1176, 160X, (2) Symetrix 501's, CBS Volumax, Bellari LA-120.

It's too soon to tell about the EMI.
Benjy

S

stedel

www.chandlerlimited.com]www.chandlerlimited.com[/URL] is the right address. I get the same code pages when I try to open with Netscape, if you can, try it with Internet Explorer, it works fine.[/QB]
Thanks Julian, I'll try it with IE tomorrow.
kind regards
:cool:

jo

At the Musikmesse I talked to the guy from Chandler (I think it's Mr Chandler himself - really nice guy) I was interested about the 1073. He gave me a quick overview - sounded really nice (from memory very close to the real thing).
Then he showed me the EMI on a drum track (room mic.) It was stunning - really wonderful equipement. If I hadnt't to save money for my Protools HD upgrade, I'd buy both units imediately.

My 0.2 Euro ;)

Jo (sorry for spelling/English)