Skip to main content

Hello, This is my first post here. Really enjoy what I've seen and read so far. Any one have any experience with this box. I've tried it out with my oo1 and Apogeerosetta and it seems to work wonderfully on bass tracks but haven't had the chance to track vocals or other instruments. :w:

Comments

anonymous Fri, 01/11/2002 - 07:55

I haven't used that piece but do have one of their Classic Series pres. If your talking about using the instrument input for taking bass direct, it can get a nice sound. This is all I use mine for these days, an active tube DI box. The mic pre is an IC design that does the majority of the gain and then runs through a 12AX7 toob for marketing purposes. The pre chips aren't much better than any mid-line consoles, so I avoid using the mic input. The instrument input avoids this front end gain and feeds the toob stage directly, which actually does have a nice clean tone to it. Can't really recommend it as anything other than a DI, though the pre is better for low end stuff than say a Mackie or ART. HTH

anonymous Sun, 01/13/2002 - 00:00

Nope, actually.. the "Indigo" series was TLA's first attempt at making some cheaper versions of their "Classic" (grey/black) series, the technology of which later went into the cheaper and current "Ivory" series as the indigo stuff was too expensive to produce for its price point.

The "Crimson" series was the solid state version of the Indigo series. And that's it !

Is it any good ? Well, yes, some of it is considering its cost. If buying say an EQ is an upgrade from what you've got, buy it 2nd hand and you're laughing !

Mark Adnitt Tue, 05/02/2023 - 12:10

I have had a TL Audio Indigo vocal processor 2051 in my rack for what must be 30 years now, and it's still going strong and sounds great, blows some of today's channel strips out the water,  the Eq is excellent for voices and the compressor is very forgiving and discreet you'll not know its there until you turn it off ...If you get a chance to get hold of one get it.