Skip to main content

I'm looking to get a synthesizer with sequencing capabilities, quantize function, and analog or "virtual" analog. I definitely want something that I can sequence drums with and that has really nice drum sounds. I'd like any advice about what a synth in the $400-$600 range that have those features.

I had my mind pretty much set on the Micron but then I looked at the M-audio venom and it looked like a nice candidate as well. I went to a music shop and the sales rep was saying the Venom has quite a lot more features and has its own sounds while the Alesis is a modeling synth and only "copies" other tones. I love the way both of them sound when I've played them and they both seem highly tweakable. I had started to think the Venom might be the better choice but it appears that it does not have quantize which is pretty lame considering all the other features. It looks like you'd have to export your tracks to a computer to quantize and the computer I have is pretty crappy. If anyone knows of some fairly simple software that I could get just to quantize my sequences and send them back to the PC I'd appreciate it or whether that is impractical with a crappy computer.

Otherwise, any advice on synths and/or sequencers that can quantize real-time and has dope sounds.

Thanks!

Topic Tags