Skip to main content

Hello,
I just won't to know is there any differences in A/D converters in any of these 4 units and If it is which one is better,(worth to spend money)
Thanks in advance.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 09/29/2004 - 07:17

Sure, there's a difference...the Rosetta 200 should be the best, although it's hard to say since they haven't started shipping it yet. Based on Apogee's track record, though, I'd imagine it will be. The PSX100 and PSX100E were upgraded several times through the course of their existence, so depending on when it was made the quality will vary somewhat. The latest-generation PSX100 would probably sound a little better than the first-generation PSX100SE.

As for the MiniMe, it's a little different since it has preamps built into it, and uses a different power supply...it probably won't spec out quite as well as the others, but should sound just about as good as the Rosetta 200.

-Duardo

anonymous Wed, 09/29/2004 - 07:40

I am only interesting in A/D converters of the units.

As for the MiniMe, it's a little different since it has preamps built into it, and uses a different power supply...it probably won't spec out quite as well as the others, but should sound just about as good as the Rosetta 200.

Does it means that mini me and rosseta A/D converters are better then PSX 100 and PSX 100se A/D converters?
Thanks

anonymous Sat, 10/02/2004 - 10:54

If you are only interested in A/D converstion get a MYTEK, they are the BEST converters dollar for dollar currently available.

I have A/B'd one with my Apogee PSX-100 SE and the Mytek has better definition, more transparent and "cleaner" sound.

The Apogee is a GREAT unit but, it does have a "sound" to it which is richer in midrange compared to the MYTEK.

A lot of it has to do with the sound you want/need.

The MYTEK site had files you can download which compare their A/D converter with Apogee, Digidesign, etc... it will confirm what I have said. THen you could have a better idea of what sound you are looking for VS the unit that comes closer to delivering it at a reasonalble price.

x

User login