Skip to main content

Sorry if this does not go in here. I know this is a recording forum, but I wanted to get studio pros opinion on the mixer DJX700 by Behringer.

I have used many different brands of DJ mixers. I can say I am used to the Pioneer DJM600. One of the best I've used, however I don't have that kind of money to spend on a Pioneer and looking into this DJX700 from Behringer. It has all the functions I need at a good price. And my boss (audio pro) says the reason it is low priced because of the name. The company Behringer mixers are not so called "brand name" like denon, staton, numark or pioneer and they are fairly new at making DJ mixers. I even seen the new Pioneer DJM800 and looks impressive, but I don't like some of the functions on it, what I have seen from the photos. The Pioneer600 is totally perfect for me, however the price is way too high for my budget and doesn't have kill switches what I would like to get that the DJX700 Behringer has. I heard a lot of bad reviews of the DJX700 (from forums and shop sites) and a few good reviews. I don't know if people know what they are talking about, but I am confused. I think the only way to find out is to try one out for myself and see if it's right for me. What you think? I am confused? Please help!

PS. I forgot to say that I am a mobile DJ and use the beat counters a lot until I get used to doing it with my ears. I carry the mixer around, but not 3-4 times a weeek. I just DJ about 4-6 times a month I would say. I spin all types of music but mainly from 50's - 80's and some top 40 / hip hop electronica/dance etc.

I would appreciate any help thanks!

Comments

RemyRAD Sun, 02/05/2006 - 22:53

There is nothing confusing about the Beringer units. They are functionally good but they are also disposable. That is to say, repairing them is almost an impossibility due to " surfacemount technology" i.e. all of the physical internal parts are physically part of the circuit board and requires highly specialized repair techniques making them too expensive to repair. Reliability of course is also a factor and a mixer blowing up in the middle of a hot dance party is just not a good thing. Otherwise pay your money and take your chances if you like what it offers but have something to use as a standby just in case.

Old DJ
Ms. Remy Ann David

anonymous Tue, 02/07/2006 - 11:25

if you want a very good DJ mixer for "little" money check the units by a spanish company called ECLER. there sound will just do the trick at 3 a.m. on a packed floor, they are build very decent, good EQs, and all the functions you actually need... like direct rec out for your mp3 or whatever...
they are obviously not to be compared with studio units but do the DJ job very well... and are by all means way above any behringer...

and if you have money allen and heath :xones series.

anonymous Wed, 02/08/2006 - 03:05

hi mjatas,

ok, they have all kill switches (i mean the eclers) and minimum one mic input (XLR!! and they also have an XLR mains out!) and if you need a beatcounter than you can't or should not DJ at all, USE YOUR FREAKIN" EARS!!!!!!! good DJ-ing is not just about simple beatmatching!! ears, ears, ears... freakin' god a beatcounter :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

http://www.ecler.es

anonymous Thu, 02/09/2006 - 05:14

axel wrote:

and if you need a beatcounter than you can't or should not DJ at all, USE YOUR FREAKIN" EARS!!!!!!! good DJ-ing is not just about simple beatmatching!! ears, ears, ears... freakin' god a beatcounter Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

i am sorry and do not meant to insult you mjatas... but it really triggered my nerves. sorry again and i don't believe that you or anyone else needs a beatcounter... check out the ecler site, they are fine products for the money you pay!

cheers
axel