Skip to main content

Don't Cross The River, 1972

Homecoming is the second studio album by America, released on November 15, 1972 through Warner Bros. Records. This album includes one of their best known hits, "Ventura Highway", also features Don't Cross The River.

Hope, Love and Peace to our troubled world!

Copyright owners
PEDL, LatinAutorPerf, Warner Chappell, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM

Comments

audiokid Thu, 04/14/2022 - 15:09

Nice blend of vocal and acoustic guitar! Your playing is really good. And your voice has a nice texture as well. You choose songs that are well suited for you. Kudo's

From a recording critique. Your tracking and mastering levels are pretty hot, clipping a bit.

What preamps, converter do you use?

From an artist discussion… may I ask what music plans you have or are working towards?

Do you play locally, clubs tours etc?

For future videos you create…  It would be really cool to see your mic locations and other aspects of how you record your songs too. 

You have a beautiful collection of acoustic guitars...What model of Taylor acoustic did you use for this song and why?

Thanks for sharing! 👍🏼

Rene Asologuitar Fri, 04/15/2022 - 09:43

In reply to by audiokid

audiokid wrote:

From a recording critique. Your tracking and mastering levels are pretty hot, clipping a bit.

What preamps, converter do you use?

From an artist discussion… may I ask what music plans you have or are working towards?

For future videos you create…  It would be really cool to see your mic locations and other aspects of how you record your songs too. 

You have a beautiful collection of acoustic guitars...What model of Taylor acoustic did you use for this song and why?

Thanks for sharing! 👍🏼

Hi audiokid!  Thanks for the great reply and conversation.  I will try to address my clipping issue, by lowering my output volume from my initial sound coming out of my Yamaha MG10XU Mixer.

My music plan, is to be able to compose as many original songs, and I am working at it.  At the same time, I am also building my musical video recordings, as my daughter got me into it 2 years ago, using the You Tube platform.    

The Taylor I am using is a Custom GO, a BTO guitar, all koa.  You are right, I have a secret on the use of this guitar, I lowered my standard tuning from E to D, D-G-C-F-A-D.  The reason is that I wanted to use the same chords I usually play this song, but the vocal range is now too high for me, lowering it a full whole note enables me to sing it ok.

My set up is very simple. and I can actually remove one of my unit, but I decided to keep it the way I have it at the moment.

Here's my chain:  Two mics into Yamaha MG10XU Mixer into UAD Volt 276 into my IMAC Recording using QuickTimePlayer Movie.

Thanks for asking, and great conversation.

Rene                                                     

x

Register

Your recently read content