Skip to main content

A new plug from Softube, this is a 3 band (multi-band) compressor modeled after a Drawmer 1973.

I've never been a huge fan of MBC, but I have downloaded the trial version for this and I find it to be the best one I've used so far. I do like that you can process in M-S as well as stereo with this plug...

I have no idea how close this is to the real thing, as I've never used a real 1973 ( at least I don't recall ever using one).

Softube is offering a 20 day fully functioning trial, although an iLok is required for activation.

I find the price to be a bit on the steep side - right now they're offering an introductory price of $199, and it will go up to $299 in a month or so... or at least that's what they are saying on their site.

I will say that I have used Softube plugs before and have always been impressed. But I'll leave it to you to decide:

demo">http://www.softube…

Topic Tags

Comments

DonnyThompson Fri, 03/11/2016 - 00:50

Kurt Foster, post: 437026, member: 7836 wrote: if it does what it says it does, i think the cost is justifiable. the trick on taming a shrill vocal is worth the cost itself. i used la-22's to do that but for $200 you can strap on on any channel you choose. it said cpu friendly. i wonder how hungry it is?

So far I've been able to insert in into 8 channels without a dent in the cpu, and I have other processors inserted into other channels/buses on the project as well. It does come in handy for exactly what you mentioned - taming those glassy vocals.
But there's no way I'll be able to afford it after the trial runs out, at least not in the foreseeable future. Too many other pressing things going on in my life right now.