Skip to main content

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I recently picked one up and am amazed at the difference between it and the Behringercomp I've been using! At first, I wasn't sure it was on when I was going through the presets! :tu: I'm sure I'll be using it on everything I can for awhile, but where does this unit really shine? Any apps where you would reach for the M500 first? Any tricks this box is especially good for? Thanks!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Mon, 01/19/2004 - 10:24

i used to work in a studio where they had drawmer m500. back then it wasnt used that much, because of its digital interface and "nothing special" sound. i dont know for what kind of job do you use m500, but i am sure that drawmer is better than behringer.for special tricks: just exploit the parameters (there are many as i remeber).

Fruition2k Tue, 01/20/2004 - 07:00

Celine Dions FOH engineer swears by the DN500, as a snare processor. Best live snare sound I've ever heard. Both times they were at my arena, I've been wanting one since he told me that...which was my first question to him after the show..."How did you get that snare sound???!?"
Let me also say the drummer, guitar tech, FOH eng - (her personal recording engineer also) are the nicest guys that I've met..and that goes for both times they were in our building.

Try it and report back..