Skip to main content

Leather and Lace, Stevie Nicks Don Henley 1981

Hi Friends!

Just had a visit with our daughter in CA, had a wonderful time, as we missed spending time with our beautiful and talented young woman!!!
Love you Clarissa, and miss you already!!!

Sharing this song we covered, and may we have lots more songs and music and love together!!!

Comments

audiokid Mon, 05/16/2022 - 09:27

That was just beautiful, and your daughter too! I kept waiting for you, Rene to join in!

Now I have to ask... I generally sing into the mic (not to the side of the mic) so I have to ask, either you are both excellent at lip syncing or I'm astonished how well this mic picks up the voice from the side so well.

Never the less, very nice and I'd love to hear this again with the two of you :).

Do you ever sing together?

Rene Asologuitar Mon, 05/16/2022 - 09:28

HI audiokid,

You are truly a recording expert.  Your notice of the gear is impressive.  My video recording are coming from a very simple and actually very reasonable priced gear, maybe except for one mic that I use which is a condenser fromEar Trumpet Labs, "Edwina" model (approx $600).

I record live, and one take.  (Of course that "one take recording" might be 10 tries, hahahahaha.  No lip-sync, no additional plugs after the recording.

Clarissa sings a lot of the new songs today and she loves Beyonce, but she grew up with our music from the Beatles, America, Bee Gees, CSNY, Bread, etc.  We also sing a lot of the new artists like Jason Mraz.  She sings for her brother who has a duo producer-hiphop group called SendaiEra in Seattle.  For sure, we will be doing more recordings when she spends some time with us this summer.

This particular video is from an older set-up, and I have had an issue with one channel only audio, which this recording has.  I have changed my set-up since and the issue was resolved.  I will post another video of an original song recording with my current set-up.  Pls check out my latest original song-collab Seat of Scoffers.

Respectfully,

Rene

benhj Fri, 05/20/2022 - 07:29

This is simply beautiful. I hope you don't mind, I took the audio and added some subtle reverb and EQ to it in Logic and then ran it through some mastering software. I am happy to post the result here, either as a link or an attachment. If you'd like me to do so, just say the word and I'll follow up!

Thanks,

Ben.

Rene Asologuitar Fri, 05/20/2022 - 12:00

benhj wrote:

This is simply beautiful. I hope you don't mind, I took the audio and added some subtle reverb and EQ to it in Logic and then ran it through some mastering software. I am happy to post the result here, either as a link or an attachment. If you'd like me to do so, just say the word and I'll follow up!

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

You can post your "improved EQ Reverb" version.

I really do appreciate your time and effort in doings do.

You are a very generous person.

Thank you.

Rene

x

Register