Skip to main content

Hello.

Can I get some thoughts on this console? I am looking for a console to use as a mixing mechanism from my DAW. I also plan to purchase some Preamps as time goes on but I am seriously considering purchasing the console to start. I have found one at a VERY good price.

Also, looking at the Soundcraft Ghost. All comments welcome.

Thanks,
Michael

Topic Tags

Comments

atlasproaudio Sun, 10/07/2001 - 19:06

Mike,

Sure...if it's a good price, and as long as it is in good working order then go for it. Learn how to work with the tools you have and build up slowly. Preamps and good mics will of course improve your sound, but the most important thing is getting your chops as an engineer down so you can learn to get the best sound out of the musicians/instruments, etc. Regardless of how good your gear is, the most important thing to learn is if the source isn't good then your part won't be worth a shit either. This goes both for the musicians ability and the gear they are using...a great guitarist with a crackly Crate amp isn't going to do anything good for you...nor will a horrible guitarist with a Les Paul and a pristine vintage Marshall amp. Best of luck. :cool:

x

User login