Skip to main content

Make It With You, 1970, Bread

Make It With You, by the Bread

"Make It with You" is a song written by David Gates and originally recorded by the pop-rock group Bread, of which Gates was a member. Gates and drummer Mike Botts are the only members of the group to appear on the recording which was a #1 hit in 1970.

Pray for Peace in our world!!!

Comments

audiokid Mon, 04/04/2022 - 20:07

Excellent! You're doing a great job micing your acoustic guitar. The sm57 works well. Ear Trumpet Labs "Edwina" suits your voice very well too. I've never heard of Ear Trumpet Labs gear before so I had to look them up. What got you interested in that mic? Looks like they make some nice mics.

I wasn't sure how you'd sound doing Bread but within a few bars I though... wow... great vocal tone and playing. How long have you been playing?

What preamp and interface are you using with the Edwina?

audiokid wrote:

Excellent! You're doing a great job micing your acoustic guitar. The sm57 works well. Ear Trumpet Labs "Edwina" suits your voice very well too. I've never heard of Ear Trumpet Labs gear before so I had to look them up. What got you interested in that mic? Looks like they make some nice mics.

I wasn't sure how you'd sound doing Bread but within a few bars I though... wow... great vocal tone and playing. How long have you been playing?

What preamp and interface are you using with the Edwina?

HI audiokid,

Thanks for the wonderful comments.  The EarTumptLabs Edwina, I saw being used by a group I saw in a music festival about 5 years ago, Milk Carton Kids, and I fell in love with the mic and its ability to pick up acoustic instruments and vocals.  At this show, both musicians singers/guitars are using only one "Edwina".

I had some issues before (same timeframe I recording this song), with clipping and distortion and most annoying - sound coming from the left only.

I had changes my recording set-up very recently, and I have eliminated my issues.  And I really do not know what was causing my issues with the left only sound.  (Old set-up, included Bose T1 Tonematch mixer and Presonus Studio 2/6 USB interface) 

My set-up is very simple and easy on the pocket, except for the "Edwina" (a condenser mic)

2 mics, Shure SM-57 (directed to guitar), "Edwina" directed to vocals (and the two mics are still able to pick up both guitar and vocal)

To - Yamaha MG10XU, mixer/USB interface, (not using the interface, only interested in the room reverb effect)

To - UAD Volt 2/76 USB Interface, with built in compressor and vintage mic pre-amp

To - IMAC, using QuickTime Player to record movie.

Respectfully,

Rene

Rene Asologuitar Tue, 04/05/2022 - 14:27

In reply to by paulears

Hi paulears,

Hi nice communicating with you!

It is not you, my recording at the time (this is an older recording, maybe a year ago), had some clipping issues.

Operator error.  Now I know that input volume, if not properly set, can cause these clippings.

See above remarks, I response to feaker's comment.

Thanks for the great feedback!!!

Respectfully,

Rene

x

Register

Your recently read content