Skip to main content

I'm running a PC with dedicated audio drive, XP with sp2, digi002R, PTLE 6.9.

Last night we are all hooked up and ready to start a session and suddenly PT does not recognize the 002R hardware. I was able to save the session and exit PT, but PT would hang up when I tried to restart. The rack is behaving strangely - intermittently seeming to recognize the firewire connection. I've been able to get PT to recognize the unit twice, but it is not consistent.

I'll get with tech support later today, and I'll surf the sweetwater and digi boards, but does anyone have any suggestions in the meantime.

Topic Tags

Comments

BobRogers Tue, 04/01/2008 - 06:32

Thanks for the response. I did try another firewire cable - no luck. The drive is internal - not firewire.

I just got off the line with Sweetwater tech support. They are sending a new wiring harness for the power supply. My machine is from a generation were this is not a common problem (they had problems with both the harness and the supply with earlier machines) but evidently this is the most obvious thing to try. We will see.

BobRogers Thu, 04/03/2008 - 12:04

It was indeed the (dreaded and infamous) power supply wiring harness. Came today while I was home for lunch. Took 15 minutes to replace the old one. After all the indigestion it caused me. "Recordus interuptus" is a dang good description. Haven't felt that frustrated for a long time. (Frustration has different flavors when you get past 50.)