Skip to main content

Hi Everybody,
I recently bought an already used PT10/11 bundle from a private seller.
All went smooth, means the license is on my ilok Account and dongle too.
I received the already used Activation Code. This of course as i know now cannot be used twice!
So whats the best way to download and activate this?
I already checked the duc for possible ways to do this.
Seems that it is recommended to log in with the sellers Avid account, download the software bundle install it and use it with my ilok2 which seems to be working.
But what about future updates or upgrades?
What about Avid support?
Is this all going to be linked to that sellers Avid account?

Or can i switch to my Avid account after PT installation is completed and smoothly running?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks and have a great day!
Alex

OsX 10.8.5
Mac Pro
PT 10/11
RME Hdspe Madi
SSL Alphalink AX

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sat, 06/28/2014 - 03:35

It's doubtful you'll receive any support from Avid... the first reason is that most - if not all - DAW software these days, comes with a warning that the software cannot be resold. The second reason is that Avid support sucks in general these days, and getting through is tough...but your real obstacle is the first reason. Even if you managed to get through to Avid customer service, it's doubtful that they would authorize your version for you because it's already been previously authorized and registered to another user..

Pace iLoks, as far as I know, are indigenous to the computer that they reside on. They aren't just authorizing or activating the software, they are also authorizing a specific computer to use the software.
This is why I can't use your iLok account to activate a piece of software on my computer.

I know you said that you purchased the bundle, so you might try getting through to Avid (good luck) and see what they'd be willing to do. But my prediction is - if you do manage to get through to a customer rep - that they will probably consider the software to be "pirated" and deny activation. And if by some chance you do get it working, you won't receive any upgrades or support.

Other than trading computers with the guy who sold you the software, I don't see how you can do this.

I can't help but ask the obvious question: Why didn't you just buy your own version?