Skip to main content

Sailing, Christopher Cross 1980

"Sailing" is a 1980 soft rock song written and recorded by American artist Christopher Cross.  
The song won Grammy Awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Arrangement of the Year, and helped Cross win the Best New Artist award.

Dedicated to all our Sailors, most especially to our active duty US Navy Personnel, and their families!!!

Peace and Love!!!

https://youtu.be/9d…

Copyright owners
LatinAutor - UMPG, UMPG Publishing

Comments

audiokid Wed, 07/27/2022 - 09:51

As you know I usually enjoy your songs but I’m not a fan of this version.
Reason why:

The acoustic guitar on the original version is a huge part of what makes Christopher Cross’ song so beautiful and “dreamy”. The guitar isn’t easy to play and sing as I too tried to sing this years back but gave up because it required a Capo and style I couldn’t figure out at that time. Every time I hear though…, I sure want to learn it. 😊

Rene Asologuitar Fri, 07/29/2022 - 21:58

audiokid wrote:

As you know I usually enjoy your songs but I’m not a fan of this version.
Reason why:

The acoustic guitar on the original version is a huge part of what makes Christopher Cross’ song so beautiful and “dreamy”. The guitar isn’t easy to play and sing as I too tried to sing this years back but gave up because it required a Capo and style I couldn’t figure out at that time. Every time I hear though…, I sure want to learn it. 😊

Hi audiokid,

I am so grateful for the feedback.  Now I know that I should stay away from this cover.

Too many beautiful songs to choose from, and glad you liked most of the others.

Thank you.  Respectfully,

Rene

x

Register

Your recently read content