Skip to main content

There's only one place of the unsigned artist sites I know of you that can do that without paying extra,

http://indiemusicpeople.com

Topic Tags

Comments

pcrecord Sat, 05/30/2015 - 18:27

Hi Scott, welcome to Recording.org, commonly named RO ;)

Interesting site but I wonder how the artists get paid for the use of their music ? Or is it just a place where to put their music for free ?
There ain't seem to be a lot of publicity..

Can you talk a bit more about you ?
Do you do some recording or just play that Strat on your profil.

I look forward to exchange with you. You're welcome to ask any questions !

DonnyThompson Sat, 05/30/2015 - 23:32

Scott...

When you want other members here to listen to your music, You are better off to upload your music with your post (using the "upload file" button at the bottom right of your post window) ... the file player that RO uses is of exceptional quality and can support MP3 rates up to 320.

The reason I mention this, is because there are some here who are a bit hesitant about downloading files, or going to other sites to listen - especially when RO has a solid audio player resident... so it's not necessary.

I understand you are new ( welcome to RO ;) ) so this is why I'm explaining this... and it's not because I'm attempting to sway you away from this other site you use for distribution; if it's working for you then God Bless... but there are some here that would prefer to listen to your songs without having to go somewhere else, and, if you happen to be looking for recording/mix critiques from the resident audio engineers here on RO, this is the best way to get them to listen and comment.

Thanks.

-donny

pcrecord Sun, 05/31/2015 - 05:16

Scott Stambaugh, post: 429462, member: 49095 wrote: well I only posted a link cause I was asked the question. Generally producer types don't like my music much so I wasn't intending to bother with that.

I went and listen to your songs. Love to rock is a nice song but the mix is over compressed specially the vocal who crossed the point of saturation... It could be fantastic if it was not over processed and left to breath ;)

Girl who can't remember is also a great song.. but the midi instruments are a bit of turn off because the sounds chosen aren't very natural. Kinda soundcanvas like...

Now a day people often come to producers with already produced songs that they have made them self. I think many producers became lasy at finding talents and at imagining how a band could sound in a big studio or on stage. The time when producers went to bars to find talents is kind of disapearing and those who present their music, need to already sound good because competition is high.

So my friend, your songs are interesting and I think that you are at the right place to learn how to make them sound more apealling and up to date.
You'll see that we are very open heart about how we do things and taking time to explaining too. ;)