Skip to main content

Your Mother Should Know, 1967

Paul McCartney began writing "Your Mother Should Know" on a harmonium at his house in St John's Wood, London. 

Mothers know best, and give them credit, as a love of a Mother transcends all explanations this world can offer, and is genuinely pure and natural.

This tune is for all Mothers, on this Mother's Day!
My first grandchild, grandson Misiri Kalayaan is born today!  Mother Rocio, Congratulations!

My Mama, and my lovely wife Mimi, and to all Moms - Thanks for all that you do, for your unconditional love!!

Comments

benhj Fri, 05/20/2022 - 04:54

Hey Rene,

I've been checking out a few of your tracks here. I really dig the singing and overall raw vibe -- nice one!

Just wondering, with the few recordings of yours I listened to, everything seems to be panned either hard-right or hard-left. Is that intentional? What is your recording chain?

Also -- belated congratulations on the birth of your grandson! :-)

Thanks,

Ben.

Rene Asologuitar Fri, 05/20/2022 - 11:58

benhj wrote:

Hey Rene,

I've been checking out a few of your tracks here. I really dig the singing and overall raw vibe -- nice one!

Just wondering, with the few recordings of yours I listened to, everything seems to be panned either hard-right or hard-left. Is that intentional? What is your recording chain?

Also -- belated congratulations on the birth of your grandson! :-)

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the great feedback, and wonderful comments.  I did have an issue with one-channel sound only, and I could not figure it out, and so I changed my set-up.

My current set-up is very simple and easy on the pocket, except for the "Edwina" (a condenser mic)

2 mics, Shure SM-58 (directed to guitar), "Edwina" directed to vocals (and the two mics are still able to pick up both guitar and vocal)

To - Yamaha MG10XU, mixer/USB interface, (not using the interface, only interested in the room reverb effect)

To - UAD Volt 2/76 USB Interface, with built in compressor and vintage mic pre-amp

To - IMAC, using QuickTime Player to record movie.

Also thank you for the congrats on my grandson.

Thanks for the comms.

Rene

x

Register

Your recently read content