Skip to main content

I'm trying to replace a broken mono slider on my A&H wz3 16.2 and Mouser sells the ALPS RSA0N11S9A0K which seems to be identicle to the AH AI8117. I could order the AH model number through dealers like Full Compass or Spectrum but, at the risk of sounding too frugal, I really prefer to purchase from Mouser as I may decide to replace many and could save a bundle through them.
Are they the same or does anyone have any ideas or experience with this? Thanks!

Topic Tags

Comments

dvdhawk Mon, 09/15/2014 - 13:06

Boswell would probably be the last word on this, but I see the [[url=http://[/URL]="http://www.mouser.c…"]ALPS you've referenced at Mouser[/]="http://www.mouser.c…"]ALPS you've referenced at Mouser[/] has a linear-taper, which is not what I would expect to be used in a mixer application. See if you can find a version listed with an audio-taper. (and then wait for Boswell or Mr. Ease to give you the verdict)

vibrations1951 Mon, 09/15/2014 - 13:17

Thanks guys. You are right about how smooth the originals are Pre. Dave, yes they have an audio taper and I wondered about the linear as well. I'll have to check again because I think the dimensions are a bit different on the audio Mouser had.

By the way Dave, I meant to email you the other day. The PA is just what the doctor ordered! Nothing but kudos from the band Friday night. Thanks again so, so much for the expert advice!
I will check the slider and certainly hang out until Bos can chime in.

Boswell Mon, 09/15/2014 - 15:58

You may be right about specials for A+H. The Mouser parts may fit physically but there is a significant chance that their electrical characteristic (taper) will not be the same as the other channels.

I don't know the decode for the "610", as it does not instantly yield any of the standard resistance values, but the "C" on the end of the part number usually means a log characteristic, so linear parts simply won't give you the required fader action.

vibrations1951 Mon, 09/15/2014 - 16:18

Thanks Bos. I'll probably quit trying to outsmart the retailers and purchase the Allen & Heath AI8117. Looks like Soundbase has the best deal even with shipping across the big water! The Mouser RSA0N11S9A08 has the "audio taper"/log characteristics but I'm not willing to take a chance without confirmation from Mouser. Even then it could be a wild goose chase so I guess the "bird in the hand" rule applies best here.
Thanks much. I must say I love the headroom, quietness and features of the mx3. Bought it used so gotta expect some hitches. I can fix the fader in no time so not a problem. Later.

dvdhawk Mon, 09/15/2014 - 17:13

vibrations1951, post: 419436, member: 34341 wrote: By the way Dave, I meant to email you the other day. The PA is just what the doctor ordered! Nothing but kudos from the band Friday night. Thanks again so, so much for the expert advice!

I'm glad the advice was helpful to you on that JP. If you ended up getting the last rig we talked about, I think you'd be hard pressed to do any better with less money out of pocket, and less back-pain.

Jeremy_ Mon, 12/16/2019 - 16:27

I've ordered the part from mouser and from full compass. I'm going to compare them with a meter, and I'll report back with the level of exactness.

The mouser part was around $7, the OEM part was over $17, so if they are identical there's no point in paying $10 extra for the pleasure of calling it an A&H part. I mean, they aren't manufacturing faders. :-)