Skip to main content

I can't seem to find a schematic for the original (black face) dbx 162 stereo compressor. Any ideas on where to find one?

The dbxpro website (and pretty much all of the other sites that show up via a google search for a dbx 162 schematic) allows me to download a few pages of cursory alignment verbiage and a schematic for a dbx 160. Sadly, the 162 isn't 2x 160s and even if it were, there isn't any depiction of the interconnection (e.g. summing of control, sum/level metering, master/slave switching, bypass, …). Needless to say, the sub-boards are even more of a mystery but I'd be happy to start with just the "motherboard". I contacted dbx and they don't have that information available (it's "too retro" and hence only the above-mentioned "160 schematic + verbiage" via their ftp).

If you have some 162 "black face" diagrams and would scan them and possibly also have a board layout (e.g. what components live where), I'd buy you a coffee… (or just let me know where I can find/download them myself)

Thanks!

Comments

x

User login