Skip to main content

I didn't realize it was on last night, so I didn't watch it. But apparently Adele's performance is the topic of water cooler conversation today (and I've since watched it on YouTube). I guess there was a problem with a mic in the piano...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/16/entertainment/adele-grammys-performance-feat/index.html

Anyone think they could have done more to rescue the performance?

Topic Tags

Comments

audiokid Tue, 02/16/2016 - 16:18

vttom, post: 436392, member: 37910 wrote: I didn't realize it was on last night, so I didn't watch it. But apparently Adele's performance is the topic of water cooler conversation today (and I've since watched it on YouTube). I guess there was a problem with a mic in the piano...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/16/entertainment/adele-grammys-performance-feat/index.html

Anyone think they could have done more to rescue the performance?

I saw it, she handled it pretty damn seamlessly to me. Meaning, the keyboard and some sample guitar track was way too hot. I'd say she couldn't hear herself too well and was going on vibrations to lock into tune. I've been there more than once when something is overpowering your ability to hear your vocals.
It sounded like the mix engineer took about 2 sec to flip something and it improved but I'm sure it took her a bit of time after to get back into it.

kmetal Tue, 02/16/2016 - 19:09

Someone got fired for that one. If I remember correctly there was an article in mix mag that was taking about the Grammys brand new upgrades system a couple years ago. When you only do it once a year, maybe there's some bugs they have to work out.

Besides that, the new Adele album is a complete snoozer. I thought 21 was fantastic, 25 put me to sleep.

audiokid Tue, 02/16/2016 - 19:28

kmetal, post: 436404, member: 37533 wrote:
Besides that, the new Adele album is a complete snoozer. I thought 21 was fantastic, 25 put me to sleep.

I don't doubt it. She puts me to sleep.
Personally I tire of her voice really fast. She sounds like one key with that punch line in everything. The song she sang on the Grammys was terribly boring. I actually turned her off there too lol. But, she's got a following and I respect her abilities.

pcrecord Wed, 02/17/2016 - 06:02

kmetal, post: 436404, member: 37533 wrote: Someone got fired for that one. If I remember correctly there was an article in mix mag that was taking about the Grammys brand new upgrades system a couple years ago. When you only do it once a year, maybe there's some bugs they have to work out.

People need to sleep better. Thanks to Adele, less wars in 2016 !! :ROFLMAO: