Skip to main content

:roll: I've been successfully and happily using the Tascam for 2+ years, but sometimes...it's fickle. Usually it ends up being something I missed, then I appologize to the unit and we can be friends again.

So my goal is to add 8 inputs via light pipe from an Edirol UA-1000 into the 1884 which I'm using as the clock and sound card. The Edirol isn't mine, but I'm integrating w/ another setup and that seemed like the best way to pass 8 additional line channels through the 1884.

I've triple-checked all connections, including WC sync. All's right. I've reread both manuals. Edirol's manual makes it sound like routing ADAT out is as simple as pressing one button on the front of the unit. I do that, the ADAT LED lights on the 1884, I get LED's indicating front end signal on the Edirol, but no audio signal in Nuendo. I've gone into the Monitor Mix function of the 1884 and made sure faders are up. I'm stumped.

Here's the kicker: I've used the same setup successfully for a year w/ a MOTU 896. Exact same configuration, same software, just a different computer and the Edirol. I never had these problems.

My hunch is that it's the Edirol. I don't hate the unit, but my short experience w/ it hasn't been stellar.

FWIW, I find the control panel/software that comes with the Edirol to be one of the clunkiest things I've seen.

I know it's kinda a long shot, but if anyone has experience with the Edirol and ADAT I would be thrilled.

Thanks,

pm

Topic Tags

x

User login