Skip to main content

Hey, I'm looking into picking up a condenser mic for recording vocals and acoustic guitar. I'm thinking the cheaper the better, but if there is a big difference between two models for a relatively small difference in price then I'll consider shelling out a bit of extra cash. The two models I have been looking at lately have been the Apex 435 and the Studio Projects B1. I've heard some recordings with the B1 and have been impressed with how they sounded. I have yet to hear the 435 though. I've found the 435 for $70 Canadian and the B1 for $120. I do kinda like how much cheaper the 435 is though. I was hoping someone might be able to offer an opinion as to how the two compare. Also if anyone has any information about either of these mics (that isn't listed on the product's site) that you think I may find useful it would be greatly appreciated letting me know. It would also be great if anyone has any other suggestions of other mics that fall into this price range and are ideal for my purposes. Thanks for the help.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 02/09/2005 - 01:06

I cant speak for the B1 but I do have a 435 and i love it. however i have never used it for vocals because i have better alternatives, but it is great for guitars and snare drums. I would recommend looking at the MXL 2003 also, it may be a little bit more money, but i started with that as my vocal mic and it did the job just fine for the price which is generally about $150 online.