Skip to main content

Hi, I'm a REAL amateur when in comes to home recording (and computers come to think of it), hence all I have is a BossBR-864 8-track and a microphone (along with guitars drums etc etc). Basically I'm having a problem deciphering the manual, and have ended up with 2 complete songs of 6/7 tracks that I'm not able to export off the machine with mysteriously losing random tracks. The only song I managed to export in it's entirety was the demo song that came with the blasted thing. I understand it's a pretty specific request, but if someone, ANYONE could help me I'd be eternally grateful. My e-mail is fish231uk@hotmail.com, but I check here infrequently so that's fine too. Please, please, please, I'm begging you!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Tue, 11/09/2004 - 11:07

After recording your individual tracks, you have to first convert them to two tracks using the RECORD MODE: BOUNCE function, where you will take the 6 or 7 tracks you have recorded down to two. You can select which tracks to 'bounce' to, i.e. 12V1. The next step is mastering, which will take the 'bounced' tracks to the final version. Use RECORD MODE: MASTERING, select source = the track you 'bounced' to, i.e. 12V1, select target = the 'final' track, i.e. 12V3. The final step is to create the WAV to export to your PC. Use the USB function, select EXPORT and select the track = the one you previously selected as target during mastering, i.e. 12V3. The file creation process takes quite a while, at the end the BR864 will connect to your PC and allow you to copy the WAV file, which will be in the USB directory on the BR864. One tip: backup your raw tracks to the PC before bouncing (the raw tracks are in the 'SONG000X.BRO' directory/file) - the bouncing/mastering process will delete your raw tracks, so if you want to be able to start over, you'll need to import the 'SONG000X.BRO' file back from your PC). Hope this helps. Cheers, Raoul (PS: All of this is described in the manual if you need more detail)

anonymous Fri, 01/28/2005 - 09:52

candiedxsnotxx wrote: I'm so pathetic...I can't even figure out how to get the thing to playback...I'm way new to this and the manual is of NO help whatsoever.It's completely disorganized.Could someone please help me figure it out? :(

pm me for my messengers

be sure you hit the "back" button it's almost like a rewind make sure it goes to zero then try to play.

anonymous Thu, 03/30/2006 - 07:00

raoulsch wrote: One tip: backup your raw tracks to the PC before bouncing (the raw tracks are in the 'SONG000X.BRO' directory/file) - the bouncing/mastering process will delete your raw tracks, so if you want to be able to start over, you'll need to import the 'SONG000X.BRO' file back from your PC).

Ouch...I was afraid of this. I mastered a recording yesterday and could not understand why I couldn't get back to the original tracks. Wouldn't it be nice if the owners manual pointed that out??? If it does, I can't find it anywhere in the manual.

At any rate, thanks for clearing this up for me. I was baffled as to why the recorder will only play the mastered version of the song. Now I'm no longer baffled, just bummed. :(