Skip to main content

Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying a Brauner VM1 to use with my Avalon 737 going straight to my ApogeeAD 16X and in to my pc. .
But it's a little bit scary that I can't find nothing on the internet about the duo 737/VM1. The mic is a bit too expansive to gamble, so please give me some input on this one!

Comments

anonymous Thu, 02/24/2005 - 17:56

Hiya,

Although i haven't heard the brauner yet, i do plan to buy one, the VMA ,,,
it's the newer version of the VM1 with two sets of sounds.. " according to Richard at trans americanaudio" they came out with this because the 2nd position offers the" fatter' sound then the VM1 mic, basically it's both mics in one.

I too am worried that it won't be as full sounding as i'd like, so he also suggested the Soundelux E 47..

not that knowing someone else is on the fence helps, but as soon as my deals come in , it's on my buy list

goodluck with decision

SI

AudioGaff Thu, 02/24/2005 - 18:17

You could use the V1M with a Mackie and it would still sound fantastic. Just because you don't find anything about that combo on the internet, that mean sqat. I'm not a fan of the 737 at all, but you got nothing to worry about.

The VM1 is a great mic but if it turns out to not be the right mic for you, no mic pre is going to make it right.

iznogood Sat, 02/26/2005 - 10:04

used that combination many times.....

i think that the vm1 is a bit sibilant and generally boosted in the top end..... combined with the generally open and tranparent sound of the 737 is sometimes a bit too bright.....

the combo of 737 and soundelux u95 is more neutral IMO....

but the vm1 and a fairman pre beats anything i heard.... the fairman is just as clean but warmer than the 737

anonymous Wed, 03/09/2005 - 09:03

I'm using a Brauner Valvet on a Millennia STT1 and on an Avalon 737sp. Both combinations are great. You can't go wrong with the Brauner + Avalon, it's clean and yet warm and sweet with just a hinge of tube, not too much, especially nice on vocals (well mine at least). With the Millennia the Brauner is wonderful too for pristine vocals and for acoustic guitars.

John Stafford Wed, 05/04/2005 - 21:12

AIRWIN wrote: Thanx Huub,
Allready use a U87. It sounds OK on just about anything. But I'm searching for a different sound!! That very nice warm but tranceparent sound you here on ....uhhhm a Celine Dion track or something, you know :)

As far as I know, she has used the Brauner VM-1 (KHE?), and has also used the AT4060 (on Let's Talk about Love as far as I know). She also uses Millennia pres and the Avalon M5 (or the stereo equivalent).

John Stafford