Skip to main content

I strongly suspect that one of the many reasons behind Kurt Cobain's suicide was that he realized that despite his sincere attempts at keeping it real, this stuff would never die. And in his case, instead of spurring more individuality, he and his bandmates helped create more alternateen zombies.

*sigh*

(Must restock bar)

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Fri, 01/26/2007 - 20:25

Big deal! Back in 1978, I had an Eventide H-910 Harmonizer. The world's first real-time pitch changing device. I frequently used it on mix down with singers that just couldn't stay on the pitch. Well, it was sort of real-time. It had a 36 ms delay, so you had to play those tracks back through the record/sync head and then delay it to make sure it was back on the beat. You couldn't do that on some of the earlier multitrack machines since their sync response was less than their playback head response. That pretty much changed with the Ampex MM1100, 3M M79 and MCI JH100, Studer A80, when the record head playback response finally matched the playback head playback response.

But I digress.

I looked a lot like that when I was 17. But when somebody told me I should sell my body. I did. And I've had this fat one ever since.
Ms. Remy Ann David

OK, I'm ready to barf also.