Skip to main content

can a Tascam 788 be a multitrack recorder for the Mackie 24-8.

sorry i'm new to these stuff so i need advice.

Comments

RemyRAD Thu, 08/17/2006 - 11:53

Mike, although I believe you could use the 788 as your digital multi-track recorder along with the Mackie 8 bus console, it would be somewhat of a cluster Kluge? How does the 788 not provide you with what you need, that you feel the need to purchase the eight bus console??

My obvious suggestion to you would be to sell the 788 and for what you can get for that device, save a few more $$ and purchase the Alesis HD 24, standard resolution model that you can find for around $1300. That would be a much better combination with the 8 bus console, since you could actually record 24 simultaneous tracks by utilizing the direct outputs from the eight bus console. The 8 bus console is cool if you want to create 8 separate feeds, for multiple speaker systems distributed with different time delays, or if you only have an 8 track recorder.

However, the 788 is a lot smaller and more portable for recording on the road and in small venues, which can later be transferred into a computer for further manipulation. So it is a tough call in that respect. Nothing wrong with using it as a stand-alone recorder but it will be greatly more complicated than a specific recording device.

Too much equipment so little time.....
Ms. Remy Ann David

x

User login